Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Heaven gained a great Brittany today (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27692)

John Dunkle 07-05-2019 04:42 PM

Heaven gained a great Brittany today

1 Attachment(s)
It was one of those days - the culmination of a dozen years of training, hunting, long walk in the woods and sharing couch (and sometimes even bed space ;) ). After a slow decline that seemed to accelerate over the past few weeks, our Brit finally succumbed earlier today and we sent him on to the great woods and fields in the sky. Jen & I are absolutely gutted - and I'm finding it difficult to even post this - one for hardly seeing the monitor or keyboard.

Anyway - we just lost a wonderful hunting companion and family member.

Thanks Scup for being a part of our lives and family.

You are missed....

John

Dean Romig 07-05-2019 04:52 PM

John and Jen, I am soo sorry to learn this sad news.
It seems like just last month you were telling us of your wonderful Brit Scup ant your times together.

Dogs should live longer and their lights go out about when ours do... That would be perfect but we live in an imperfect world. Our wonderful dogs go first and leave us wondering why....

John Dunkle 07-05-2019 05:10 PM

Thanks Dean. I mean that... And - you are right. I know many here in this small community have gone through the same - and for as much as we think we are ready for the inevitable, the truth is....

We really aren't.

Thanks my friend for your note. I'll pass it on to Jen, too.

John

Phillip Carr 07-05-2019 05:24 PM

John my heart goes out to the two of you today. InHave been in the same place you are at and it is truly the loss of a family member.

John Dunkle 07-05-2019 06:16 PM

Phil, just simply, well - thank you....

It is indeed.

My thanks for that,

John

Daryl Corona 07-05-2019 07:21 PM

My condolences to both of you. I know that when you brought that little pup home this day did'nt even enter your mind. Rest assured that you gave Scup a loving home and that he's missing you both as much as you miss him.

CraigThompson 07-05-2019 07:34 PM

Sorry for your loss , I know how it feels been there several times .

Harry Collins 07-05-2019 08:16 PM

John, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Robert Rambler 07-05-2019 08:47 PM

So Sorry for your lose John. They live with us for way too short a time. But they live forever in our hearts.

edgarspencer 07-05-2019 09:04 PM

That is a great picture and just how he wants you to remember him. It isn’t any less hard for me to know someone hurts as you do, because I remember every one I’ve lost too. You have my sympathy, John.