Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rock Island 32" 20 gauge -- sold today (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26561)

Garry L Gordon 02-17-2019 11:40 PM

Rock Island 32" 20 gauge -- sold today

I was thinking of some of you lovers of long barreled 20s today. Rock Island had a V grade 20 with 32' barrels and a second set of 28 inchers. It was a straight/splinter configured gun with no safety and a single trigger. It was not on my "gotta have" list, but I told my wife if it went for the high end estimate of $2K I would buy it, but that I was sure it would go higher. It did, selling for just under $6K in short order.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-gauge-shotgun

It was a nice gun for sure. Thankfully, at least for my marriage, it did not have double triggers.

I assume someone here bought this gun. I hope so, and also hope we'll see and hear more about it soon.

There were quite a few Parkers at the auction. Only a few nicer original guns, and many other "beater guns" -- as Mills would call them -- good for shooting.

Anyone else pick up a new gun from this auction?

CraigThompson 02-18-2019 12:08 AM

I was watching it sell . Via the net of course but I didn’t bid . I got one of “The Beaters” . But then beater or not I’m going to shoot them .

Randy G Roberts 02-18-2019 08:03 AM

I went over this gun with Rick Henley at RI and ultimately chose to pass on it. It has a good combination of barrel lengths IMO but I could not get warmed up to it for a variety of reasons. Hope someone enjoys it.

Jay Gardner 02-18-2019 08:54 AM

Wonder how much it would have gone for with double triggers and a safety?

MARK KIRCHER 02-18-2019 09:43 AM

Is there a spot to see the results? I have a few sealed bids in but did not watch the auction.
Looking for result on the 20 bore open choke 28" SG gun item # 2884

Randy G Roberts 02-18-2019 09:52 AM

Mark it appears that RI has not posted results yet. Not sure where else you can find the results. I will "watch" items in Proxibid that I have an interest in so you can always go back and find the results immediately after it sells and prior to the auction house posting results.

Mills Morrison 02-18-2019 09:58 AM

I put in a low bid on that one just for the heck of it. The low estimate range made me wonder what was wrong with it.

Garry L Gordon 02-18-2019 10:39 AM

Rock Island does not post the results for a while, and they put them on line when they do (or mail you a list if you participated in the auction). I think the gun that Mills mentioned might have had a replacement stock (at least when I looked at it, it sure appeared to be so, but I don't claim to be an expert). It had nice dimensions and was in good shape, certainly one of the nicer Parkers at the sale.

Garry L Gordon 02-18-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Gardner (Post 266251)
Wonder how much it would have gone for with double triggers and a safety?

Jay, I can assure you that it would have gone for more than it did.

Garry L Gordon 02-18-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 266239)
I was watching it sell . Via the net of course but I didn’t bid . I got one of “The Beaters” . But then beater or not I’m going to shoot them .

I’m picking up two shooters (a.k.a. Beaters) from the auction today. Doves, look out come September!!

CraigThompson 02-18-2019 08:05 PM

I did the phone bid thing Saturday and Sunday . I dunno what kinda pace they were doing Thursday and Friday but Saturday they were doing about 120 lots an hour and Sunday they found another gear and were doing about 150 an hour :cool:

Garry L Gordon 02-18-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 266355)
I did the phone bid thing Saturday and Sunday . I dunno what kinda pace they were doing Thursday and Friday but Saturday they were doing about 120 lots an hour and Sunday they found another gear and were doing about 150 an hour :cool:

One cannot linger when they get going, that's for sure...and they have slowed down some to accommodate their Rock Island Live on-line bidding software.

CraigThompson 02-19-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 266357)
One cannot linger when they get going, that's for sure...and they have slowed down some to accommodate their Rock Island Live on-line bidding software.

I can still remember going to local auctions thinking they were going well if they could hammer an item a minute . These guys opened a whole new realm for me !

Eric Eis 02-19-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 266403)
I can still remember going to local auctions thinking they were going well if they could hammer an item a minute . These guys opened a whole new realm for me !

Not like the car autions I watch on TV :shock: