Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Shotgun Shell Reloading (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Let's see your reloading bench! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25681)

Greg Baehman 11-11-2018 07:21 PM

Let's see your reloading bench!

1 Attachment(s)
Some have their reloading bench set up in their garage, some have a dedicated room for reloading, some reload in their basement, some in their living room, I've even heard of some that reload in their kitchen! My bench is set up in what we call our Basement Basement. Let's see your reloading bench!

I do my shotshell reloading on two Ponsness-Warren 375C Du-O-Matics. The press on the left is set up for 28 and .410, the other for 12 and 20.

Ken Hill 11-12-2018 10:55 AM

Greg,

Nice looking set-up. My wife allotted me the space underneath the stairs. I call it the troll hole, but she calls it the man cave!

Ken

charlie cleveland 11-12-2018 11:33 AM

my eloading is set up in my shop i use too reload at the kitchen table till i built the shop...my reloader are all mec 650 s a 410 a 20 a 12 a 10 and i reload the 8 ga with the help of a lee 10 ga hand set....use a roll crimp on the 8 ga useing a battery powered drill...wish my set up was as nice and clean as yours...looks like you like winchester shells....charlie

Robert Rambler 11-12-2018 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
10,12,16 20 gauges. All MEC.

Dennis E. Jones 11-13-2018 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After a bad fire in 2015 I had a loft added to my garage that I use for reloading, light gunsmithing and clock repair. I haven't reloaded any shotshells since before the fire, haven't needed to as I have plenty on hand. My 4 PW shotshell reloading presses are stored but accessible. In addition to good lights I had two sky lights installed one in the loft the other over the stairs, during most days you don't need to turn on any lights. As usual it is a cluttered mess but I use the excuse that I'm busy working there.

CraigThompson 11-13-2018 03:12 PM

Nope can’t be a party to this ! Cuz mine is no where near as neat and orderly as any pictured ��

Rich Anderson 11-13-2018 07:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I have a dedicated gun room. I used a 12 foot counter top and three kitchen cabinets for the bench. All shotgun presses are Mec 9000's and there is a old Redding rifle press. My wife says it cluttered I say it's a working gun room:)

Harold Lee Pickens 11-15-2018 01:11 PM

Dont have any pictures, but I reload in the garage next to the 4 dog crates where my dogs sleep. they often put their paws up on the counter top and give me feedback on the quality of my crimps.

Bill Murphy 11-17-2018 07:53 AM

I never thought I was "different" in my reloading practices, but all my benches are tall and I have reloaded for sixty years, mostly on six Ponsness Warren presses, while standing up. There are no chairs or stools in my reloading room. My stuff has been in storage since my move in late 2017. The new loading building (my terminology, not The Lovely Linda's) will be started in the next month. Even though I dismantled the old loading room in July of 2017, I am not out of ammunition yet.

Dave Noreen 11-17-2018 05:25 PM

Mine is a piece of 3/4 inch plywood with three screw holes at one end and four at the other to bolt on my various MEC Jrs/VersaMEC loaders and three C-clamps to clamp it to the corner of a table. For about 35 years in apartments, government quarters, and my condo in Virginia, the table was a coffee table and I sat with my butt on the floor, and my back against the sofa and loaded while I watched television. Now the table is my parents dining room table that I have in the man cave. The TV is now a 55" LG, but that 82" Samsung is calling to me!!