Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Kudos to Brad Bachelder (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19620)

Mark Ouellette 08-22-2016 05:19 PM

So Edgar,

You mean the photos are real and not Photoshop? Well how about that? :)

Mike McKinney 08-22-2016 09:57 PM

Gary, I have never known you to exaggerate or overstate one of your guns in photo or words, in fact you are more likely to be very modest, keep those pictures coming. Possibly there have been pictures posted by someone who did, but I think the people we see regularly with good guns don't do that and as Gary said they are proud of them and it seems to me it's one of the ways to benefit all of us.

greg conomos 08-23-2016 09:27 AM

Amazing how grown men get so thin skinned...especially to the point they are not even addressing the issue at hand. The day I see a Parker with an orange-y hue to the wood I'll agree that the photography is not at fault.

You guys remind of a woman when you tell them you don't like their selection of wallpaper....and you spend the next two weeks insisting that when you said the wallpaper looks bad you didn't mean their butt looks fat.

Dave Suponski 08-23-2016 09:45 AM

Greg, If a member takes the time to share his great guns with us why criticize ? You could always save your comments for yourself.

Eric Eis 08-23-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Suponski (Post 200870)
Greg, If a member takes the time to share his great guns with us why criticize ? You could always save your comments for yourself.

Congratulations Greg ! I guess you made whatever point you wanted to :cuss: as it sounds like Gary will not bother you posting anymore pictures.... What year did you take photography 101..... When I was in my 20's and 30's I was also involved in photography you know the small stuff 2 1/4 or 4 x 5 view camera where we really had to watch our lighting and I see nothing wrong with these pics (but again I've been out of the business for a number of years). Isn't it nice you can criticize guns and photos of guns you have never seen :rolleyes: No wonder no one what's to post pictures !

I agree with everything Dave said and I'm pretty sure most of the members would agree with him....

Mills Morrison 08-23-2016 10:15 AM

I think I speak for most of us when I say I appreciate those who share photographs of their Parkers on here and those who share their Parkers at the various PGCA events. Keep em coming! Quality photographs are a plus too, but really any photo that shows us something we haven't seen before is welcome

Mark Ouellette 08-23-2016 10:23 AM

Gentlemen,

This post is as a moderator. I tried making a couple subtle posts as a member rather than a moderator to mediate a thread gone bad. Okay my second post was in poor judgment from a moderator. Hey, I'm human most days...

Please read and heed.

Some members including myself tried to mitigate the inference that Gary C. had tried to ingratiate his Parker with Photoshop tricks. Anyone that knows Gary and/or has seen his guns would know better. Many of us took exception to the inference that Gary had compromised his integrity. Edgar who speaks the truth without regard to anyone's feelings (to include me on more than one occasion) stated he had held the subject gun and it is in the condition as shown.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19620

The post in question, contained in this thread about a certain Parker, infers that the photos of this Parker have been doctored to make the gun look better.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthr...t=19620&page=2

While I normally counsel in private this will be an exception since the poster cannot take subtle and not-so-subtle hints from other members. To publically infer that a another member has compromised his integrity is at the minimum rude. There is no place for this behavior on these forums. Cease and desist from this type behavior on these forums.
"A cease and desist letter is a document sent to an individual or business to halt purportedly illegal activity ("cease") and not take it up again later ("desist")."

In one has an issue with another use the PM's or give them a call. I received an updated phone roster with my most recent PARKER PAGES.

If someone is violating the rules of the forum then send the moderators a PM or message via the exclamation point button on the bottom left of the post window.

So, let's all back off this issue. If it happens again let me know and I will take immediate action rather than make subtle posts.

Have nice day!
Mark

edgarspencer 08-24-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Ouellette (Post 200882)
Edgar who speaks the truth without regard to anyone's feelings (to include me on more than one occasion) stated he had held the subject gun and it is in the condition as shown.

Are you suggesting I haven't learned anything from all those classes in Sensitivity Training? And all this time I thought I was the poster guy for courtesy and political correctness. Well you can kiss my butt stock. Just kidding Mark. You know I love you like a second cousin, twice removed.

Eric Eis 08-24-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 200964)
Are you suggesting I haven't learned anything from all those classes in Sensitivity Training? And all this time I thought I was the poster guy for courtesy and political correctness. Well you can kiss my butt stock. Just kidding Mark. You know I love you like a second cousin, twice removed.

Sorry Mark (for Edgars humor at your expense) but that's funny, and I know we all needed a little humor in this post that took a really (and I mean Really wrong, to the point of people not wanting to post again) wrong direction.......!

Mark Ouellette 08-24-2016 09:52 AM

Eric and Edgar,

No offense taken. :)

Mark