Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Going home. (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5369)

david ross 10-18-2011 12:59 PM

Going home.

Hi All.
I hope this not silly or sentimental but as you get older i am 60 now you think
of these things. I have decided that when the time comes that i can no longer
hunt or shoot god forebid or on the event of my death now i'm getting
morebid. I would like my parker gun to go home back to the US and in to the
hands of a PGCA MEMBER in the hope that it will bring as much enjoyment to
them as it does to me:) As i feel it would be appreciated more than over in the UK . This will not be for many-many years i hope:whistle:.

P.S. this will be at a price obviously.
All the best Dave.:bigbye:

Bill Murphy 10-18-2011 01:14 PM

David, I would really like to help you bring your Parker home, but I have no idea how to do it. If you figure out a way, let me know and I will send you a check!

Gary Carmichael Sr 10-18-2011 01:30 PM

David get those thoughts out of your head! Think positive! Good Lord willing you will be shooting 20 years from now, I am going on the big 70, but I like beautiful women, fast cars, and "old" bourbon, not to mention a hoarding problem I have with the Parker Shot gun. As the TV guy says, Live long and well! Gary

david ross 10-18-2011 02:07 PM

Big one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 52348)
David, I would really like to help you bring your Parker home, but I have no idea how to do it. If you figure out a way, let me know and I will send you a check!

Hi Bill.

Make it a BIG ONE $ ?:whistle:

david ross 10-18-2011 02:14 PM

Love life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael Sr (Post 52349)
David get those thoughts out of your head! Think positive! Good Lord willing you will be shooting 20 years from now, I am going on the big 70, but I like beautiful women, fast cars, and "old" bourbon, not to mention a hoarding problem I have with the Parker Shot gun. As the TV guy says, Live long and well! Gary

Hi Gary.
Don't get me wrong i love life and have no intention of popping my cloggs yet.

Destry L. Hoffard 10-19-2011 01:29 PM

You can ship guns from the UK to here and the other way around. I sent a Tolley 8 gauge hammer gun to a friend in England door to door not that many years ago. More modern guns require paperwork but it's not that hard once you know the rules.

Destry

Ed Blake 10-19-2011 01:59 PM

Before you make plans to give anything away, you need to bring that gun over here in person and shoot it at the Southern SxS, or one of the other very fine shoots PGCA members participate. Think about it.

Dave Suponski 10-19-2011 02:04 PM

Ya Dave...I agree with Ed! You need to come shoot with us boy's from the colonies. The Southern is awesome..

Bill Murphy 10-19-2011 03:32 PM

My checkbook has almost perfect attendance at the Southern.

david ross 10-19-2011 06:01 PM

2012 may be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Blake (Post 52464)
Before you make plans to give anything away, you need to bring that gun over here in person and shoot it at the Southern SxS, or one of the other very fine shoots PGCA members participate. Think about it.

Hi All.:)
Hope to come over next year for the AGM may bring that gun:whistle:.
Will there be a shoot there plus what is the hunting like at that time of the
year as i would love to get some in :cool:.