Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website & Forum - Help & Assistance (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Help with value of my Parker (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39865)

Daniel Dare 08-25-2023 03:08 PM

Help with value of my Parker

I have a Parker DHE, 16 gauge #239267.
Made 1935 with mostly Parker markings but a few Remington. It’s 2 3/4”, #2 frame. The stock is full fancy #6 grade walnut checkered, 22deg pitch, 14” standard stock, ball grip and recoil pad. There are 2 barrels,#1 is 28” choked modified and full, #2 is 26” choked IC and Mod. Both have identical serial numbers matching the stock,ivory sight beads and standard forearms. It has automatic ejectors and single selective trigger. Engraving is excellent with bird dogs on the sides and flying ducks under the trigger. There is minimal wear with partial case colors remaining. I’ve shown it to 2 gun dealers who say that it’s a 85% gun. It came with an original custom leather case marked LYMAN BARR,# 10 So Lasalle, Chicago, Illinois. Any help with valuation would be appreciated. I’ve looked it up on Blue Book of Gun Values so I have some general idea but don’t know what 2 barrels and custom case would add. Thanks

Harold Lee Pickens 08-25-2023 03:43 PM

Hi Dan, sounds like a wonderful gun--BUT, #2 frame?? Most 16's are on a 0 or 1 frame, I have seen a 1 1/2 frame, but not a 2 frame, but doubtless they could be ordered that way. The frame marking is on the barrel lug. Detailed pictures are needed to assess any kind of value. Pictures are simple to load from phone or computer--follow the Manage Attachments bar below your reply.
A 2 barrel set in that kind of condition would bring some serious money, but we need pictures.

Daniel Dare 08-27-2023 07:40 PM

Dare Parker 16 gauge

Did you receive the file with 39 photos?

Bill Murphy 08-28-2023 09:31 AM

NO, try again.

Daniel Dare 08-28-2023 01:17 PM

Dare Parker gun

13 Attachment(s)
Here are my photos.I have additional information. The frame is indeed a#1. There is a medallion on the underside of the stock with the original owner’s initials,LEB for Lyman E Barr. The grip appears to be a semi-pistol grip. The recoil pad has been professionally applied and reads in very small print ‘Old English Pachmeyr.

J. Scott Hanes 08-28-2023 02:22 PM

In the prior post you mentioned 39 pictures. Are you going to post others? This is a great Parker; one anyone would be proud to own. Could you at least post a photo of the two barrel sets, side by side, upside down with the forends removed? What are the stock dimensions?

Daniel Dare 08-28-2023 03:12 PM

Dare 16 gauge Parker

I have 39 pictures but it’s been quite laborious getting them to the website one at a time. Tried to send the whole file but it was impossible. I’ll send the picture that you requested. Stock dimensions were listed in my original post with the only errata being that it’s a #1 frame and it’s a semi pistol grip. Gun has only had 2 owners since it was made and it’s been well taken care of.

J. Scott Hanes 08-28-2023 04:37 PM

You only mentioned the LOP and the pitch angle of the stock. What are the measured drops at comb and heel? Thanks.

Dan Steingraber 08-28-2023 04:54 PM

That’s a great set. Looks like the stock and forend wood have been replaced at some time.

CraigThompson 08-28-2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens (Post 394033)
Hi Dan, sounds like a wonderful gun--BUT, #2 frame?? Most 16's are on a 0 or 1 frame, I have seen a 1 1/2 frame, but not a 2 frame, but doubtless they could be ordered that way. The frame marking is on the barrel lug. Detailed pictures are needed to assess any kind of value. Pictures are simple to load from phone or computer--follow the Manage Attachments bar below your reply.
A 2 barrel set in that kind of condition would bring some serious money, but we need pictures.

Harold I had a DH 16 with 32” that was on a 2 frame . Had another in my hands that was on a 1 1/2 frame but didn’t purchase as it had barrel separation issues .