Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Major Waldron's and New Years Day '21 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31783)

Pete Lester 12-03-2020 02:56 PM

Major Waldron's and New Years Day '21

I suspect some of you are wondering about the status of holding a NYD shoot on 1/1/21. The club has been functioning in relatively normal fashion since resuming operations in June with some changes to how it operates. A big change and a significant hurdle to holding a NYD shoot is the Shotgun House is off limits to shooters. Signups and payments are made outside. There is also a waiver shooters must sign that they won't hold the club liable if the catch Carona at the club. The Shotgun House situation poses some difficulties for a NYD shoot; not having a place to get out of the cold, grab a coffee, plug in crock pots, sitting down to eat etc. We have been having some very mild weather but there is no way to predict what it's going to be on NYD so I don't feel I can commit to having the shoot given the circumstances. However, if the forecast is for a nice day, I will consider opening the club for trap and skeet for those who want to come. Obviously given the fine accuracy of weather forecasts I will only be able to give a few days notice. Would any of you be interested in coming under these circumstances?

Dean Romig 12-03-2020 04:33 PM

I’m only an hour away Pete... keep me posted - I’ll be there.

Sara LeFever 12-03-2020 04:37 PM

Wish I could be there, but I think between corona and Winter, it's not happening. :(

Sara

George M. Purtill 12-04-2020 09:23 AM

Tents??

I would love to shoot. It's been so long.
My club has the same issue with the shooters shack and now they have finally shut down.
I have at least one popup tent that we used for farmers markets back in the days we grew veggies. I could bring that up from Connecticut if it would help.
It would be great to see the NH boys and Dean-o.

Larry Frey 12-04-2020 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pete,
I really hope we can get this shoot in after all the others were cancelled this year. In fact I have been actively seeking donations for this years venison stew with some very good results.:)

Dean Romig 12-04-2020 10:02 AM

Nice one Larry - I blanked out this year.

Mills Morrison 12-04-2020 06:45 PM

One day I am going to come to that shoot. This year we will be hunting quail

scott kittredge 12-04-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Frey (Post 317621)
Pete,
I really hope we can get this shoot in after all the others were cancelled this year. In fact I have been actively seeking donations for this years venison stew with some very good results.:)

Nice Larry ! Is it going on the wall ? i open a small taxidermy shop and have room for 1 more.:whistle: Scott

Larry Frey 12-04-2020 10:13 PM

Scott,
Remaining wall space is limited so it has to be better than the last to earn a spot.;)

Daniel Carter 12-05-2020 11:51 AM

Saw this late and will of course be there. My club is facing the same problems and handling in the same way.
Only takes 90 min. for me to get there. Am a board member and some of the cry-baby comments we get are funny until you realize they actually mean it