Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hi, and HELP? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16803)

George Wilkie 07-08-2015 08:38 PM

Hi, and HELP?

Probably don't belong here, because I don't collect Parkers. But I own ONE and I can't find answers about it anywhere else. I just want to find out WHAT it is. No, it's not the Parker you guys love so much, it's not even a recognized reproduction as far as I can tell. From the info that I can find, it should be a Parker 1928 DH 12ga, 1 1/2 frame with 28" Titanic steel barrels with a 3 9 bbl weight. I know preserved, and I know new. This is a relatively NEW gun, far from the 1928 the serial number would indicate. The top of the rib says "Parker Bros. Makers, Meridian CT. U.S.A Titanic Steel" in a single line. The stock is a beautiful tigertail walnut, no standard butt plate, but with a wooden butt plate,3/4" thick, single select trigger (nickel or silver), silver oval medallion inset in stock. Inside of the barrels look like they could have been cut and polished yesterday.
I've done research, and I can't get a clue where this gun came from. The only thing that Parker Bros Makers brings up is a repro company that custom makes O/U's. I did mention that this is a sXs?
Bought this from a guy on a street corner, out of breath. So no help there. It's a piece of art, in it's own right, but anybody here can give me a hint as to what I have?

Rick Losey 07-08-2015 08:48 PM

since its not april 1st

you'll get better answers with pictures

what is the serial number

but if that is what the rib says - why is not the Parker we love?

George Wilkie 07-08-2015 08:57 PM

OH, thanks for your reply. I don't know Parkers, but I know guns. This is NOT an 87 year old gun...I don't care if it was kept in a hermetically sealed case in a museum. This gun was manufactured RECENTLY. I'll take some pics if you think it will help. I don't. The serial number, on the trigger guard tang, is 6 digits, 1st four-2298, in fancy script.

Robin Lewis 07-08-2015 09:07 PM

If you post the serial number in full, we might be able to look up its specs.... maybe. Also, you will learn more about what it is if you go to the main www.parkerguns.org page and follow the links on the left side of that web page. In particular, the technical link, the grades link and the faq link will provide you with some good knowledge to help you know what you have.

As far as it being new, its not new but it may be well preserved or restored to as new condition in its past.

Anyway, give us some good pictures and the full serial number and I am sure you will get the information you are looking for from someone on this forum.

Mills Morrison 07-08-2015 09:14 PM

Good pictures are the key

Chuck Bishop 07-08-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Wilkie (Post 172062)
Bought this from a guy on a street corner, out of breath. So no help there.

Have you checked to see if it's stolen?

Mike Franzen 07-08-2015 10:08 PM

I hope we get to see pics :corn:

George Wilkie 07-08-2015 10:09 PM

Pics

I have pictures, but is this where I should attach them? Should I be putting this in some other forum?

George Wilkie 07-08-2015 10:13 PM

And, YES, I do suspect it is stolen :( . When I find more about it, I intend to try and find the owner. But, I don't trust local law enforcement to have my OR the rightful owners best interests at heart. I will find the owner in my own way.

Robin Lewis 07-08-2015 10:15 PM

You are correct, this seems to be the wrong forum. Maybe the moderator could move this to the general forum?