Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Latest acquisition (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10880)

allen newell 07-07-2013 01:28 PM

Latest acquisition

5 Attachment(s)
20 ga DHE Repro out of an estate sale in Arizona. Not an original Parker, but will do. Shot skeet with it today for the first time and was pleased with the results. 26"bbls, mod and improve cycl chokes. Came with leather case which is off to Mr. Huey for a couple of minor repairs. Gun was hardly shot at all. no nicks, dings, case colors remain strong (we'll fix that this Fall bird hunting in Maine I suppose). Now if I could just find that 28 ga Parker or Parker Repro for the right price....:whistle:

charlie cleveland 07-07-2013 02:23 PM

nice gun..it will surely be a fine bird gun i ve watched these guns from the time they talked about building them till they finally did make them..to me they are real sleepers except to them that relize them for the quality gun they are... i too would like to add a 28 ga too the collection..when i get to old to tote the old 8 ga then i can tote the little 28....lovely gun you have there hope you kill a lot of grouse with it then you can tell us about it...ha charlie

Casey O'Connor 07-07-2013 07:21 PM

Very Nice !!!!!

Mills Morrison 07-07-2013 07:32 PM

Looks a lot like the 20 gauge Repro I bought earlier this year. I am very pleased with mine as well.

Dennis V. Nix 07-07-2013 08:00 PM

Beautiful wood. Congratulations.

Dennis

allen newell 07-07-2013 08:29 PM

I'm thinking of having Dan Cullity engrave the family initials on the emblem. I don't want my grandson to ever forget it comes from the Newell side of the family.

Gerald Majors 07-07-2013 09:29 PM

Allen,
Looks great. I just love a 20ga. got 2 VH 20ga right now. One restored (DelGrego?) with straight grip and beaver forearm in exhibition grade walnut. The other a VH with pistol grip and beaver forearm both very nice wood, a real bird gun. Got a sixteen VH on an O frame that Brian Dudley is helping me get into shape, I think it will be a real shooter as well.

Speaking of 28ga. I bought one back when they were first produced. Shot I a few times but it was so nice I wouldn't take it out much, didn't want to damage it. At that point in my life I really couldn't afford to keep it if I wasn't going to use it so I sold it to a friend who still has it. I could kick my A!!! now but at the time seemed the best to do.
LIve and learn.
Congrats.
Gerald

PS: Yes, I would have the family initials done.

Todd Schrock 07-07-2013 10:01 PM

Allen,
Great piece of wood, congrats !

allen newell 07-08-2013 09:41 AM

at $2800, I just couldn't pass this one up. Don't know why the seller let it go for that price. If I could find a 28ga for that kind of money, I'd be on it like stink on s#$t! Oh yeah.

David Noble 07-08-2013 08:50 PM

That was a real bargain, Allen! That's what they sold for in the mid 80's. Congratulations!