Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   NEW Distinguished Service Award Thread (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1171)

Dean Romig 01-04-2010 03:38 PM

NEW Distinguished Service Award Thread

We recently discovered that through a technical problem generated by a third party mail server we may have lost (unrecoverably) any DSP Awards nominations submitted since mid-October.

We had presumed that the lack of submissions was due to members' attention focused on hunting seasons and the holidays but when I received a couple of nominations PMed to me recently I went to the home page and submitted them so I would receive the e-mail nominations. Days later I still hadn't received the e-mail nominations so we (Robin Lewis, John Dunkle and myself) began investigating and Robin and John found the problem.

The problem has been resolved and tested and the nomination ballot submission feature works perfectly now. If you had nominated someone for the Distinguished Service Award between October 19 and January 3, 2010 please resubmit the ballot.

Thank you for your patience,
Dean

Dave Suponski 01-04-2010 03:59 PM

Dean,Did you get mine? I really don,t remember when I sent it in.

Dean Romig 01-04-2010 05:09 PM

Got yours Dave - you sent it on Oct 18th.

Dean Romig 03-11-2010 02:55 PM

Just to reiterate, the Distinguished Service Award nomination function is currently operational.

Simply navigate to the Home Page, click on Awards & Recognitions, then click on the Nomination Form and Submit hyperlink, fill in the simple nomination form and submit it.

We still only have about a half-dozen nominees. There must be someone or a couple of PGCA members whom you believe have earned this distinction so please let us know who you would like to see recognized at the Annual Banquet for their dedication.

Thanks, Dean

Larry Frey 03-11-2010 03:20 PM

Dean,
Is a list of current reciepients posted anywhere?

Dean Romig 03-11-2010 03:23 PM

Current recipients from last year's awards ceremony? If yes, the Autumn issue of Parker Pages listed them. I'll check to see if they are posted anywhere on this website.

Robin Lewis 03-11-2010 03:39 PM

Yes, it is on the web. At www.parkerguns.org and click on the "Awards & Recognition" button and then follow the "Distinguished Service Honor Roll" link. Or, click on the link in this post, Distinguished Service Honor Roll .

Dean Romig 03-11-2010 04:58 PM

Thanks Robin :bowdown:

Dave Suponski 06-08-2010 10:40 PM

Gentlemen, As it is already June and September is not that far off we are asking for a few more nominations for the PGCA Distinguished Service Pin Award.

Come on fellas..There has to be someone that you think is worthy.

Please bear in mind that current BOD members are not considered eligible.

Also the nominating commitee of Myself,Dean Romig and Chris Lien have no voting privliges.

Dave Suponski 08-31-2010 06:21 PM

We of the DSP committee are still in need of nomination's for this year's awards to be delivered at the annual meeting. Tomorrow is Sept 1st. so time is running short.

Come on guy's get involved! There must be someone that you feel deserves recognition among his peers...

All it takes is a click of the finger.(See above post)