Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ejector issue (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31472)

Phillip Carr 10-28-2020 09:40 PM

Ejector issue

I have a Parker Reproduction 20 gauge. I can open the shotgun and remove the forend and verify the ejectors are cocking. Place the forend back on and dry fire or live fire.
Each time the right barrel trips the ejector as soon as the trigger is pulled, so when you open it acts like an extractor.
Left barrel lifts the shell part way and then kicks the shell out with a normal snap when opened fully. I have cleaned and lightly lubricated the forend metal with no effect.
I am assuming it’s a problem in the receiver, not sure if I am proper describing what is going on but any thoughts are appreciated.

Dean Romig 10-29-2020 11:13 AM

Phil, when you cock the hammers by opening the action, close the gun then remove the forend and barrels, are both ejector actuating rods retracted into the knuckle of the frame?

Phillip Carr 10-30-2020 05:56 AM

Thanks Dean. I will have a look when I get home this afternoon.

Brian Dudley 10-30-2020 07:03 PM

Sounds to me like you may have a broken leg on that ejector hammer. This can be an issue with the repros.
Or a broken lower sear. But the broken hammer is more commonly seen.

Phillip Carr 10-30-2020 09:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks Dean and Brian. Here are a few pictures with the gun cocked with the barrels and forend then removed.

Dean Romig 10-31-2020 05:21 AM

It appears not to be a broken ejector hammer as Brian suggests (and which I have experienced too) as both ejectors are cocked in your picture Phil.

I wish I could be of more help.

Brian Dudley 10-31-2020 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 315121)
It appears not to be a broken ejector hammer as Brian suggests (and which I have experienced too) as both ejectors are cocked in your picture Phil.

I wish I could be of more help.

Incorrect.
If the bottom leg of the ejector hammer is broken it will still cock and hold when the gun is unfired. It would however be sprung forward with the forend removed if the gun was fired. The photo phil posted is with the gun cocked. The bottom leg of the hammer only comes into play when the gun is fired.

And, I am not saying that the issue IS a broken hammer, only that it possibly could be.

Dean Romig 10-31-2020 06:15 AM

Okay, I accept that. My own experience was that it would not stay cocked at all. Just a different experience I guess.

Phillip Carr 10-31-2020 08:27 AM

If I remove the forend wood will I be able to visually inspect the leg of the ejector hammer?

Brett Hoop 10-31-2020 09:46 AM

Can you guys see the left leg of the toggle ?