Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Engraving & Engravers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Engraved Trojan (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14223)

Stan Hillis 03-02-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Day (Post 206135)
Ttt because people have asked for photos of this old Trojan.

A couple of us are out on the southern plains quail hunting for a week. We needed a safe place so we have our cuddle puppies and we plan to be in the stockmans and oilmans bar tonight for milk cookies and whisky. I'll ask the boys hanging on the rail if this is a safe zone like I've heard about on the TV.

Quail, bird dogs, double shot guns and red dirt. Doesn't get much better.

There's no shortage of red dirt here in GA too, Bruce.

SRH

Troy Beedle 01-30-2023 05:36 PM

Engraved Trojan, Why?

8 Attachment(s)
I am new here to the Parker forum... Inherited a 1926 Engraved 20 Gauge Trojan 16 years ago and started this journey then, and frustratingly quit shortly after. I did see two different appraiser's that were highly recommended at the time and both gave me similar info about the engravings and neither could really comprehend why on the Trojan. I put it in the safe and gonna start down this road again, and any help and or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and I hope you have a Great Day!

RONALD SHOOK 01-30-2023 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy Beedle (Post 381087)
I am new here to the Parker forum... Inherited a 1926 Engraved 20 Gauge Trojan 16 years ago and started this journey then, and frustratingly quit shortly after. I did see two different appraiser's that were highly recommended at the time and both gave me similar info about the engravings and neither could really comprehend why on the Trojan. I put it in the safe and gonna start down this road again, and any help and or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and I hope you have a Great Day!

I wish mine had nicer wood. If I knew the value of the gun I might invest in upgraded wood but it would be expensive. Since my wood is plain, and looks original, I think my gun was engraved after it left the factory.
Thanks,
Ron Shook

Brian Dudley 01-30-2023 07:39 PM

They did it because they wanted to. Or they engraved it themselves because it is what they had around and again, wanted to do it. As far as value, it is what it is. It is not worth any more because of the engraving. And it is worth less than a decent condition gun of the same grade/gauge would be because of it. The work is overall on the amateur side by way of quality. It is not like people would be fighting over it if it were for sale.
It has the most value to you, who inherited the gun from someone who cared enough to leave it to you.

Troy Beedle 01-31-2023 07:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RONALD SHOOK (Post 381093)
I wish mine had nicer wood. If I knew the value of the gun I might invest in upgraded wood but it would be expensive. Since my wood is plain, and looks original, I think my gun was engraved after it left the factory.
Thanks,
Ron Shook

Thank you for the reply Ron. This gun was dropped and a small piece is missing from the stock and was lost. I would also be interested in replacing & or having repaired. I have no idea on price or even a actual value of the gun to see if worth investment.

Thank you,
Troy

Troy Beedle 01-31-2023 07:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 381096)
They did it because they wanted to. Or they engraved it themselves because it is what they had around and again, wanted to do it. As far as value, it is what it is. It is not worth any more because of the engraving. And it is worth less than a decent condition gun of the same grade/gauge would be because of it. The work is overall on the amateur side by way of quality. It is not like people would be fighting over it if it were for sale.
It has the most value to you, who inherited the gun from someone who cared enough to leave it to you.

Thank you for the reply, Brian. I think what threw me off early on and having no knowledge with these guns, was the engravings not adding to but possibly taking away from the value. Also, at the time felt like it must of been done at the factory and again this was just based on me just not knowing any better. Here are a few more pics which led me in my thinking at the time, with Parker name and serial number.

Thankyou Troy

Randy G Roberts 01-31-2023 08:01 AM

There are surviving records for your gun. Join the PGCA and order a research letter. Who knows what you might learn about your gun.

Joseph Sheerin 01-31-2023 01:28 PM

I am not normally into the very ornate guns... But, this trojan is spectacular, thanks for sharing it.

allen newell 01-31-2023 07:40 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in the case in particular, the owner. If it's beautiful in his or her eyes, that's all the matters. Who cares anyway. It's the owners choice. Enjoy it. It's beautiful

Jerry Harlow 01-31-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy Beedle (Post 381112)
Thank you for the reply Ron. This gun was dropped and a small piece is missing from the stock and was lost. I would also be interested in replacing & or having repaired. I have no idea on price or even a actual value of the gun to see if worth investment.

Thank you,
Troy

An easy and pretty inexpensive repair for a good stock man. It will still be visible, but will not look bad as they should match the walnut and finish.