Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Engraving & Engravers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Engraved Trojan (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14223)

chris dawe 08-14-2015 07:47 AM

From Bruce ..."The gun was not intended for anyone else, not intended for resale, not intended for any purpose other than the personal satisfaction and use of a master gunsmith and engraver as an exercise of his abilities."

You said it all right there ,we all know what the gun is and what it isn't ,there was no secret as to its origin ,no question as to the skill that created it and who it was created for .

Thank you once again for sharing Bruce

Mike Franzen 08-16-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Day (Post 174647)
As always, posters are invited to post photos of their own work in comparison and for discussion.

Very few have anything comparable. Thanks again Bruce for bringing this and so many other fine Parker's to light.

Bruce Day 12-01-2016 03:23 PM

Ttt because people have asked for photos of this old Trojan.

A couple of us are out on the southern plains quail hunting for a week. We needed a safe place so we have our cuddle puppies and we plan to be in the stockmans and oilmans bar tonight for milk cookies and whisky. I'll ask the boys hanging on the rail if this is a safe zone like I've heard about on the TV.

Quail, bird dogs, double shot guns and red dirt. Doesn't get much better.

Mike Franzen 02-24-2017 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope the Trojans owner won't mind me putting this pic up. It is truly an amazing work of art and is deadly on flyers. IMHO it's the coolest Parker I've ever seen and what makes it so is it's out there doing what it was made to do and not just sitting hidden away in a safe. I like this pic because I can see the details of painstaking labor.

Dean Romig 02-24-2017 09:28 AM

Very nice Mike but that's just a tease.

Please try to get permission to show us the rest of that gun.

Mike Franzen 02-24-2017 09:36 AM

It's the same gun this thread was started on. I just focused in on the engraving.

Dean Romig 02-24-2017 10:29 AM

I see now.

RONALD SHOOK 03-01-2021 11:38 AM

Parker Trojan that has engraving

4 Attachment(s)
I too have a heavily engraved Trojan. A gunsmith said it was probably an apprentice engraver's exam submittal for him to be certified. It has silver inlays as well as the engraving. The stock is plain except for checkering and, because of the lack of excessive drop and the finer LPI checkering, I think it is a replacement. I have tried to attach photosAttachment 93724

Attachment 93725

Attachment 93726

Attachment 93727.

Bill Murphy 03-01-2021 03:08 PM

An interesting engraved Trojan is the Steve Olin Trojan. I won't comment on it until someone posts pictures of it. They shouldn't be hard to locate on this great internet. I brought up old discussion of Olin's Trojan on the "General Discussion" subforum, pictures included. Enjoy.

Bill Murphy 03-02-2021 10:49 AM

Washburn's tapering of the front of the receiver is a touch that I haven't seen before. I like it a lot.