Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Inherited TROJAN 16 gauge. NEED HELP (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28475)

Piro Zguro 10-31-2019 10:18 AM

Forend &stock needed TROJAN 16 gauge. NEED HELP

6 Attachment(s)
Hello I am super happy and feel relieved this association exists.
I live in Europe in Albania.
I have inherited a 16 gauge Trojan from my demised grandpa who bought it from an USA immigrant in the 40s. I feel pity for it considering it has had tough times and it is fully functional but beaten up. First of all at a point on time the forend is lost and is replaced by a bad replica during communist period in Albania. The stock also is broken and I think it is also not genuine judging by the shape. My grandpa has added a sling and swivel by molding it to the barrel.
I have decided to make a capital restoration mainly to preserve it, by cleaning the receiver, removing the sling and polishing & bluing the barrels.
The main concern for the moment is finding a complete forearm (metal part + wood) and a stock(original or new production)

Serial number is 220672 (produced in 1927)
I am eagerly waiting for your help

Br
Piro
Attachment 77247

Attachment 77248

Attachment 77249

Attachment 77250

Attachment 77251

Attachment 77252

Mills Morrison 10-31-2019 10:26 AM

Welcome Piro! Your best bet may be to find a good gunsmith over there who can talk to one of the good gunsmiths over here for direction.

Piro Zguro 10-31-2019 10:39 AM

Hi Mills
I dont think there is a pro for antiques here in my country. The best occasion is to find an orphan forend or find a gunsmith in Michigan near Detroit where my relatives live.

Dean Romig 10-31-2019 11:27 AM

Wow - Michigan! That is a huge plus. We have several members and a few gunsmiths who live in Michigan.

That makes it easier. Your Trojan is made on the 1-frame size and that simplifies the search a bit.

Good luck with your restoration.

Mills Morrison 10-31-2019 11:28 AM

Ok, if you can come to the US there are a lot of options.

Dean Romig 10-31-2019 11:32 AM

Better if you can have your relatives send you a replacement stock and forend.

You don't want to deal with the hassles of bringing your Parker into this country... very expensive and lots of "red tape".

Piro Zguro 10-31-2019 12:07 PM

Yeah exactly. nobody wants to deal with arms import/export; here in Europe the laws are very strict.
That is the big question. Replacement? where? how?

Dean Romig 10-31-2019 12:12 PM

If I had a used stock and/or forend for a 1-frame Trojan I would give them to you... but I don't. Maybe someone else here does and you could strike a deal with them.

Piro Zguro 10-31-2019 12:18 PM

Very kind of you Dean. I hope someone else here does. Amazed by how many members are here.
I will change the title description also to be more specific

Dean Romig 10-31-2019 12:24 PM

The rules about non-members buying and selling on this forum are pretty specific. I would ask our website administrator, John Dunkle, how the rules relate to you buying a stock and forend here. Simple enough to just send him a PM asking about it.

Best, Dean