Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   DuBray Gun (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25083)

Gary Carmichael Sr 08-31-2018 08:00 PM

DuBray Gun

Hats off to Dean, on a great article about the DuBray AA Hammer gun, just got my Parker Pages and read the article first, Did OR Dickey have it for a while on loan? Gary

Dean Romig 08-31-2018 08:35 PM

I don't know the answer to that question Gary but my impression is that he certainly knew of its existence and had probably examined it.

charlie cleveland 08-31-2018 09:45 PM

i got my parker pages today and this was a fine hammer gun and mikes storey is really good..dont like much finish reading it....great job and well done you folks that put the parker pages out....charlie

Reggie Bishop 09-01-2018 06:05 PM

Great article on an amazing hammer Parker!

Mike Franzen 09-02-2018 05:24 AM

Is this the gun found in or around Newport, Ky?

Dean Romig 09-02-2018 07:20 AM

No Mike - The duBray AA came from a family in the Northwest. Great, great grandson of duBray.

Kevin McCormack 09-02-2018 07:31 PM

OR Dickey was a Parker "Potentate" and acted as a conduit for many of his wealthy friends who expressed an interest in Parker Guns. He bought, sold, traded and kept a small "library" of better grade guns for his friends to examine, borrow, shoot and many subsequently placed orders with him for nice Parkers. As with other active promoters, Parker Bros. kept up a lively commerce with these individuals, and it is not unusual to see continuing entries ongoing in the Order Books for the same gun being sent back and forth between Parker Bros. and these "unofficial" reps, always hoping for a firm order for a high grade gun. The transit of the DuBray hammer pigeon gun between him, Parker Bros. and Dickey is a good example.

Shawn Wayment 09-03-2018 04:55 PM

Really Enjoyed it Dean

Dean Romig 09-03-2018 05:16 PM

There are some very historically important duBray/Custer documents that will be auctioned in the same auction with the AA hammer gun. I was asked not to publish those because of their uniqueness and the information they contain. But interested folks should watch the JDJulia/Morphy auction coming up at the end of October.

Bill Murphy 09-03-2018 06:19 PM

Orren R. Dickey jobbed many Parkers in the same realm and quality level as the DuBray gun. He was a high volume Parker dealer as well as a high average pigeon and trap shooter. He was the epitome of the Parker Brothers insider. Of all Parker people I would have wanted to meet and spend time with, I rank them DuBray, Orren Dickey, and William Wagner, possibly not in that order. All three of these guys came up in the very early days of competition shooting and all three were hard core competitors as well as Parker shotgun salesmen and promoters.