Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   8 Gauge Event at the Southern (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18337)

JAMES HALL 02-07-2016 11:19 PM

8 Gauge Event at the Southern

Below is a copy of the Tom Archer's post on the L C Smith Collectors Association website about the 8 Gauge Event at the Southern. If you are interested please respond.

8 GAUGE
Posted by Tom Archer on February 5, 2016, 1:47 pm
As my SOLE INTENT is to get the attention of ALL you guys, I seriously thought about entitling the subject line "NEKKED WOMEN"; but since we're all into old shotguns and not gals, I'm hoping "8 GAUGE" works just as well because an 8 GAUGE EVENT during this year's LC/Parker shootout is the only purpose of this post.

Therefore, my question is as follows: how many of our members who plan to attend the Southern would jump at the opportunity to shoot a rare and genuine original L.C. Smith 8-bore double? The reason I need to know is because I'm wasting my time if there's no interest; so PLEASE RESPOND.

Given that time and space constraints at Deep River are limiting factors, here is what I am envisioning: a 5 or 6 bird/clay event at the 5-stand to take place between the end of our Round 1 qualifier and the start of the 2016 Challenge shootout for only $20 to include targets and shells (the hard part!). I'm hedging just a bit on the fee, as I don't yet have a hard number on shells cost; but think I'm close. The targets presentation would be high birds and deep crossers

At this point, I have 3 Smith guns committed and one, hopefully two, Parkers and am wide open to additional gun commitments. If I receive sufficient numbers of Smith and Parker loaner gun commitments, we can make this an actual event and award some sort of trophy. Speaking for myself, I would be thrilled for the privilege to shoot an 8-bore Smith for $20 were I given that opportunity; but the unknown question is would you?

Again, please give me your feedback as I'm planning all events now; and time is getting short. And thanks ever so much for your thoughts.
Tom

Mills Morrison 02-08-2016 12:43 AM

Thanks for posting Jimmy. Now we need some Parker 8 gauge owners to come

George M. Purtill 02-08-2016 11:50 AM

I need someone to sell me one.

John Truitt 02-08-2016 12:29 PM

This is a very nice addition. Way to go guys. Great idea.

I agree with Mr P, Now I need to buy one.

Let us know how it all gets planned out.

George M. Purtill 02-08-2016 12:38 PM

Mills and Jimmy might be our only shooters!! Unless we can get Charlie 8-Bore to come.........

Mills Morrison 02-08-2016 12:53 PM

I think we have a few others. Maybe John Puglisi can bring some of the ones on his website and maybe he'll make a few sales.

George M. Purtill 02-08-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 187833)
I think we have a few others. Maybe John Puglisi can bring some of the ones on his website and maybe he'll make a few sales.

Mill that is a fantastic idea. Is there anyone who knows him to ask?

Mills Morrison 02-08-2016 01:05 PM

I bought my 8 gauge from John and could not be more pleased. I don't know him though. I think he thought I was a tire kicker at first

Mills Morrison 02-08-2016 01:07 PM

If anyone besides Jimmy have an 8 gauge they are willing to bring, please let me know, via PM if you prefer.

Mills Morrison 02-08-2016 01:17 PM

If you want to shoot an 8 gauge (even if you don't have one) please post or pm me. We need a head count as to how many shells we need.:bigbye: