Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pictures as promised (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31248)

Kerilynn Viccione 09-27-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 312917)
I was always of that opinion .

But I recently posted pictures of several Parker guns on a British forum and there were two SOB's on there that were neither polite or of good taste based on their comments .

I can understand a person that cares for something over another of a similar description . But I was always taught if you had nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut .

Hi Craig,
All we can do is share in good faith and lift others around us. It's disheartening when people feel the need to knock others down, but usually those are people who are very unhappy or aren't able to appreciate other people's good fortune. I guarantee the remarks they made to you do not end in the forum you visited, it's usually a universal way of life for them.

Just look at all the responses I've had from kind, helpful, enthusiastic Parker collectors on this site. No one knows me; I've essentially walked into a well-established boys' club and have been embraced with respect and dignity. It's sad that those other gentlemen you encountered will not get to experience the same. Their loss.

As an aside, having grown up with only brothers and being a mom of only sons, I tend to not realize there are certain "gender oriented" interactions until someone points it out (as is the case this week), which always surprises me that I didn't notice and makes me wonder if I'm intruding. I have never been made to feel like I'm intruding here, so... much gratitude for the level of acceptance and camaraderie you all show to everyone on this site.

-Kerilynn

CraigThompson 09-27-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerilynn Viccione (Post 312927)
Hi Craig,
All we can do is share in good faith and lift others around us. It's disheartening when people feel the need to knock others down, but usually those are people who are very unhappy or aren't able to appreciate other people's good fortune. I guarantee the remarks they made to you do not end in the forum you visited, it's usually a universal way of life for them.

Just look at all the responses I've had from kind, helpful, enthusiastic Parker collectors on this site. No one knows me; I've essentially walked into a well-established boys' club and have been embraced with respect and dignity. It's sad that those other gentlemen you encountered will not get to experience the same. Their loss.

As an aside, having grown up with only brothers and being a mom of only sons, I tend to not realize there are certain "gender oriented" interactions until someone points it out (as is the case this week), which always surprises me that I didn't notice and makes me wonder if I'm intruding. I have never been made to feel like I'm intruding here, so... much gratitude for the level of acceptance and camaraderie you all show to everyone on this site.

-Kerilynn

Hmmmm you need to have a conversation with my wife ! She’s Filipina and many times has asked me why Americans need so many guns for the same thing LOL’s ! The concept of collecting/accumulating is lost on her . But those folks don’t look at things the way an American would and for obvious reasons General life is a good bit tougher for them than it is for us .

David Verhine 09-27-2020 11:22 PM

I absolutely love the figure on the butt stock of the 1915 VH 12. Thanks for sharing!

Mike Franzen 09-28-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerilynn Viccione (Post 312927)
I have never been made to feel like I'm intruding here, so... much gratitude for the level of acceptance and camaraderie you all show to everyone on this site.

-Kerilynn

This gang welcomes anyone who has a love for the guns and can conduct themselves in a civilized manner. It would be great for our organization if more women participated. Thank you for posting. I hope you will continue to add to the discussions.

Brett Hoop 09-28-2020 08:58 AM

Kerilynn

I haven't seen it mentioned, but do you have the two volume set of The Parker Story? From what you have written it sounds to me like you would enjoy reading the history of production with some insight into the men and women who made them. A search here will provide information. If you can't get to the Southern, the vintage shoot at Hausmann's Hidden Hollow which typically happens the first weekend in June, is another gathering of Parker people. Located in northeast Pennsylvania it draws many members from New England.

Dean Romig 09-28-2020 09:21 AM

Right Brett, and on October 17 there is a group of PGCA members meeting at Addieville in RI for a shoot.

Harry Collins 09-28-2020 09:59 AM

Kerilynn,

Six of my Parkers are family guns. And when I shoot them I feel the hands of my father, Uncle Bill, or Uncle Taylor upon the barrels guiding the shot. Most of the time I hit the target and I attribute it to them. The guns do have soul and a spirit.

Now I beg my New England friends to take Kerilynn and her sons to a clays course with some lite RST loads. Mentor them into the shooting world. Some easy incoming targets easy to break. We need to get this family addicted.

Harry

Dean Romig 09-28-2020 10:38 AM

I wholeheartedly agree Harry!

Kerilynn Viccione 09-28-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Collins (Post 312951)
Kerilynn,

Six of my Parkers are family guns. And when I shoot them I feel the hands of my father, Uncle Bill, or Uncle Taylor upon the barrels guiding the shot. Most of the time I hit the target and I attribute it to them. The guns do have soul and a spirit.

Now I beg my New England friends to take Kerilynn and her sons to a clays course with some lite RST loads. Mentor them into the shooting world. Some easy incoming targets easy to break. We need to get this family addicted.

Harry

Hi Harry- I love that connection you have to your guns. As for the second part, why do I feel as though I am about to embark on an adventure of no return :D

Kerilynn Viccione 09-28-2020 11:40 AM

Brett and Dean, both sound great. I am in Rhode Island, and I know of the Burrilville event- I'm looking into it :) That is my son's 21 birthday, maybe we will all go.

As for Harry's "call to action"LOL, we belong to the the Ashaway sportsman club, I've just never gone for shooting. Which might sound strange, but we own an indoor range and I tend to shoot handguns. But I now see that I'm going to have to push out of my comfort zone and try the clays. Just know that you will all be subjected to hearing all about it, ad nauseam. :rotf:

Kerilynn