Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Monday, Friday... who's counting!? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30190)

Richard Flanders 05-11-2020 11:14 PM

Monday, Friday... who's counting!?

5 Attachment(s)
Opened my favorite clays spot on Iowa Ridge today. No social distancing issues here. This spot is 60 some miles SE of Fairbanks and, mostly because of the winds, every landing and takeoff is an adventure. It's a great place to shoot. I took my 2-bbl set VH12 along today. This is the first time I've shot it, I think. I was a bit rusty and sloppy with my mount and have the bruised left shoulder to prove it, but shot much better than I had thought I would. I went through a box of 135 clays and hit maybe 75% of them. I didn't keep track but was pleased. Forgot the tripod so couldn't get any selfie shooting shots, unfortunately. After that clays mania I took a hike up the ridge to the north. It's a great place to hike around. The last picture is of Mt. Hayes which is 13, 832 feet high and one of our more spectacular mountains in Alaska.

Phillip Carr 05-12-2020 12:51 AM

Glad the switch to shooting LH is progressing well. What a background to be shooting up against.

James L. Martin 05-12-2020 11:55 AM

Wow what a great spot to fly into and shoot clays. It's another world from here in lower New York state.

Gerald McPherson 05-12-2020 12:11 PM

Thanks for sharing Richard. Is that a wheely bird?

Dean Romig 05-12-2020 12:33 PM

With such distractions all around I would probably miss most targets by a country mile.

charlie cleveland 05-12-2020 03:25 PM

glad your doing well and thanks for these pictures...charlie

Richard Flanders 05-13-2020 10:48 AM

It's an Atlas thrower Gerald. I would highly recommend it. It throws a clay as far as any professional setup and breaks down to fit inside the little tote beside my chair here. I power it with a smallish garden tractor battery that I keep on a solar panel at home. It's a great setup for shooting alone and is easy to get into the plane. There's a foot pedal switch that allows you to get pretty far off to the side if you wish. It doesn't have a wobble function but I'm just trying to get my mount clean and consistent so don't care about that so much. I think Do-All makes one that might have that. I really like this one.

edgarspencer 05-13-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 302420)
With such distractions all around I would probably miss most targets by a country mile.

Mmm, hmmm. How's that book "My 1001 Excuses" coming along?

edgarspencer 05-13-2020 01:58 PM

Richard, Why do you cover your tires?

Richard Flanders 05-13-2020 02:35 PM

To protect them from heat and UV exposure, which eats tires alive. Difference between these and what's on a car is that these cost $2000 ea so I take very good care of them. If the covers aren't on and it's a hot sunny day you can smell them 50ft downwind.