Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   "G" whiz, another 16 guage (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11014)

Harold Lee Pickens 07-25-2013 10:01 AM

"G" whiz, another 16 guage

There has been a nice little 16 damascus languishing in the gun room at the local Cabelas for over 6 months. They finally came down to an offer I could accept, and I picked it up last night at closing time--I was probably the only person to ever express interest in it.
No, it is not a Parker , but a lovely little G grade sidelock Lever #25068, circa 1897-8. G grade Lefevers are similar to VH Parkers and Sterlingworths, minimal engraving. 16 ga Lefevers are made on the 20ga. "XX" frame, like an O frame Parker, and probably weighs about 6lbs 4oz. It has 28" damascus barrels that ring like church bells but choked F/F. It has cocking indicators, fluted butt cap, and Lefever Arms Co. butt plate. Shootable dimensions of
14 1/4 LOP and 2 3/4 DAH. The barrels are in great shape except that they could use alittle restoration. I talked to my 'smith this morning who will do them along with my GH 16 barrels when he returns from his MOntana fishing trip. I dont think I will mess with the chokes, but will just hit the reloading bench and make up a few boxes of spreaders. Sorry, no pictures yet but I will try to remedy that next week along with pics of my new GH 16 O frame.
That makes my 8th 16 guage gun--probably not the last--a hammer gun would be nice.

Rich Anderson 07-25-2013 10:13 AM

Congrats Harold. These 16's get into your blood, two of the last four guns I have bought are 16's both Parkers and both damascuss guns. The spreaders should open your patterns to M/M which will make for a good late season Grouse gun.

Harold Lee Pickens 07-25-2013 10:49 AM

Lefevers are such interesting guns. At hausmann's, I thought the Lefever Arms table was probably the most impressive display. Mark took some great photos and I believe he posted them here, and if not, go to the photos forum of the LACA if you want to see some beautiful guns.
The 16 ga stable now includes:
DHE 16 O frame st. grip
GH16 O frame
VH 16 1 frame
Fox A grade 16-What a great gun!
Sterlingworth Deluxe 16- my first 16
Sterlingworth 16
Lefever G 16 damascus
Fair Rizzini 600 16 OU w/ double triggers.

Mills Morrison 07-25-2013 11:07 AM

Very impressive collection. I want to get a light Sterlingworth 16 once I get a few other guns off my wish list.

Daryl Corona 07-25-2013 07:33 PM

Nice going Harold. Those SxS shotguns are really addicting. I hope you find enough time this fall to put them to good use in the grouse woods. Please post pics on your newest "baby" when you can.

Rich Anderson 07-25-2013 07:44 PM

Thats a nice collection of American SXS 16's. I can't tell you how many I have off the top of my head but they are all Parkers from a VHE skeet gun to a CHE with Bernard barrels.