Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fall shoot at Addieville Anyone? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14478)

allen newell 09-29-2014 12:23 PM

Fall shoot at Addieville Anyone?

If there is no late Fall shoot planned for Addieville this year, how about we plan and hold one? I know at least 7 folks who are interested and want a shoot there this year. I did raise this with Edgar and Dave S. at Dover Furnace who suggested that I post a note to see what the level of interest might be.

If you are interested, please chime in so our PGCA leadership can gauge the level of interest and commitment.

Dean Romig 09-29-2014 01:13 PM

If you plan on doing it on a Tuesday or Thursday, count me in. Friday through Monday the grouse and woodcock will be dodging my misdirected charges. Wednesday may also be spent in pursuit of feathered targets... it's up to my social director :cool:

Rick Losey 09-29-2014 01:35 PM

i was wondering about that Dean, (not that I would drive that far for a short shoot after going 3200 miles to not catch salmon, which arrived in river three days after I left :banghead: )

My club has a league called "hunters clays" during bird season, always thought it should be non-hunter's clays

I guess not every Parker shooter in the northeast is a masochist after all :rotf:

I don't want to hijack Allen's noble effort on this thread-- how about giving us puppy updates on a new one.

Larry Frey 09-29-2014 02:15 PM

Allan,
I assume you are the leadership you speak of as you made the post so I will reply to you. I would love to get together with you for a shoot at Addieville especially after missing you at Vintagers. All Saturdays now are spent deer hunting and most Sundays are spent cutting up deer so it's a tough time of year for clays shooting but depending on the date you select if available I will be there. Larry

Dean Romig 09-29-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Frey (Post 148144)
All Saturdays now are spent deer hunting and most Sundays are spent cutting up deer so it's a tough time of year for clays shooting.

:violin:

Yeah Larry - we keep forgetting how tough it is there in Ct. having to thin the herds so often. I guess "It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it."... Right?

Larry Frey 09-29-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 148147)

Yeah Larry - we keep forgetting how tough it is there in Ct. having to thin the herds so often. I guess "It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it."... Right?

Man can not live on bread alone!:)

Robin Lewis 09-29-2014 03:44 PM

Depending on the day selected...... count me in.

allen newell 09-29-2014 04:31 PM

Larry et al, I have the same problem. This month and shortly I leave for a weeks bird hunting in Northern Minnesota, then Utah and Maine Grouse/Woodock somewhere in between. Not to forget Mass deer season so I am pretty booked through early December.

My suggestion would be this and it assumes we get a decent spell of warm weather say in Late Dec or early January perhaps we could put something together.

Dean Romig 09-29-2014 06:23 PM

Don't make it on New Year's Day - that's when we shoot at Major Waldron's in Barrington, NH (if we get an invite).

Dave Suponski 09-29-2014 07:26 PM

The more I think about it a winter shoot would be better for me. We did this a couple of years ago at Addieville and it was a great time.

Larry just keep cutting up deer...your venison jerky is amazing!!!!