Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Double triggers and middle finger (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31359)

Tracy Pellett 10-11-2020 10:51 PM

Double triggers and middle finger

When I shoot my VHE 16 my middle finger takes a licking. What do y’all do to protect your middle finger? I’ve tried the rubber bump that Connecticut Shotguns makes and the rubber is almost as hard as the steel . Any advice would be appreciated .

On a different topic I am already looking for my next Parker.

Dave Noreen 10-11-2020 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't help you. In sixty years of shooting quality American doubles I've never had that problem. Everything from my Super-Fox shooting 3-inch magnums to a .410-bore NID. My Mother said her RANGER 12-gauge she got from Sears back in the 1930s kicked her finger. Long before the time I began shooting it (1959) my Great Uncle Art had restocked it for her with a straight grip and a quality trigger guard.

Attachment 89015

David Noble 10-12-2020 02:34 AM

I once owned a FOX AE 20ga that would smite my middle finger so bad I could not shoot it again for a week. That gun must have had something wrong with it because the barrels would ring loudly every shot and would try to spring itself from my grip on the forearm.
Traded it off long ago, along with an LC Smith Specialty grade 20ga, for a DelGrego restored BHE 32" 12ga. Looking back I've often wondered if the Fox had 2 1/2" or shorter chambers and all I ever shot from it were 2 3/4" shells. Hind sight....

Bruce Day 10-12-2020 04:22 AM

Hold your hand further back from the trigger guard bow and extend your forefinger .

Kenny Graft 10-12-2020 06:05 AM

Maybe the stock is to short allowing the gun to move back and hit your hand hard??? Or you are shooting 3" mag turkey load...SXS Ohio

Dean Romig 10-12-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Day (Post 313894)
Hold your hand further back from the trigger guard bow and extend your forefinger .

Bruce is right. Use the tip of your finger on the trigger and use the rest of your hand to pull the gun back into your shoulder.

Rick Losey 10-12-2020 07:02 AM

i have only ever had one Parker that I had that issue with

hope the new owner likes it

Brian Dudley 10-12-2020 07:42 AM

It is how you are holding the gun. Work on trying to correct it.

Stan Hillis 10-12-2020 07:42 AM

I'm with Dave. Never been an issue for me, in 60 years of shooting double triggers, up to and including heavy loads in a couple of my Foxes. And, to further complicate the issue, I have relatively short fingers and small hands for a man.

I tend to believe it's a grip issue, as Bruce said. IMO, if your trigger pulls are good, and if they aren't you need to see that they are made good, you should never need to contact the trigger with your finger as far as the first knuckle crease.

SRH

PS. I've seen that pic before, Dave, but never noticed that the gun you're holding is the restocked Ranger. Nice looking job by Uncle Art.

Brian Dudley 10-12-2020 07:55 AM

Is the other gun in the photo a Remington?