Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Big guns at the annual meeting (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24396)

Craig Larter 06-03-2018 03:45 PM

Big guns at the annual meeting

I see many posts regarding members bringing their BIG guns to the annual meeting for display, the theme is waterfowl guns. It would be fun to meet at the Vintagers shoot at a set time Saturday and shoot them as a group on the sporting clays course or maybe the 25 bird practice flurry. A 5-stand would be perfect but it appears Hopkins does not have a 5 stand?? Anyone interested? I think it would be fun and kinda cool to see the big guns in action. Craig Larter

John Truitt 06-03-2018 08:58 PM

Mr Larter,

Great idea. A couple of us did this at the Southern on Sunday after the black powder event and we discussed doing this at the VGC at Hopkins.

Please count me in. I will shoot my eight bore.
I know of at least one or two more guys I can get to shoot their eight bore.

Either the course or a five stand. Does not matter to me. Just let me know when, and where to be.

All my best,

John

PS: Hopkins has three five stands. Two different ones set for practice and then the third was used last year for the Fox vs Parker Challenge.

JAMES HALL 06-03-2018 10:36 PM

8 Gauge I'm In

CraigThompson 06-04-2018 12:06 AM

Will this be a 25 or 50 bird event ? I assume 10’s and 12’s are acceptable as well ?

Craig Larter 06-04-2018 06:21 AM

I picture this as a meet, greet, show and tell and fun shoot gathering. It should be as inclusive as possible with the only restriction being it must be a Parker. Everyone knows what a waterfowl gun is without defining it by gauge, frame size etc. Since interest has been expressed I will contact Hopkins and determine what shooting venue would be best. I will report back. Craig Larter

Mills Morrison 06-04-2018 08:11 AM

Great idea!

MARK KIRCHER 06-04-2018 08:43 AM

1909 #6 frame 10 gauge......trapper ready?

Buddy Marson 06-04-2018 08:51 AM

PARKER EVENT AT THE VINTAGERS?

This is for the BOD and members only. Since this event is our annual meeting and a shooting event. I would suggest, for your consideration, a Parker shoot that would be a part of the vintagers shoot. ie. you would pre-register (or not) whatever score you shoot on the course for the vintage shoot (50 targets)would be your score for the Parker event. No work for anyone here. the highest score for a Parker shooter in each gauge receives a case of shells provided by the PGCA and awarded at the annual meeting. What do you think?

Buddy Marson

Mike Franzen 06-04-2018 09:53 AM

I think I’ll bring Buster and let him have at it.

Craig Larter 06-04-2018 10:08 AM

Please this is not any kind of PGCA sanctioned event. It is informal gathering on Saturday at a set time to shoot and participate in a show and tell of these great old guns. I am sure we will all make new friends. Craig