Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Research Letter Transition (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7000)

Dean Romig 05-02-2012 08:18 PM

Chuck, thanks for stepping up to the task. We have ultimate faith in your ability to produce a Research Letter to the quality of which we have become accustomed.

Daryl Corona 05-02-2012 09:59 PM

Mark, thank you very much for your devotion to the PGCA. Gentlemen like you are why I became a life member. Chuck, good luck. Sounds like a great adventure you are embarking on. Make sure you leave enough time to squeeze in some trap shooting.

Gary Carmichael Sr 06-03-2012 07:51 AM

Mark, I guess you will ride of into the sunset in that flaming red corvette of yours, Is this where all "old" PGCA members end up?, Is this something I should be preparing for? First Kirby, then you who else will follow? Maybe we can invent a new game, Put the top down on the vette, get a Parker shotgun and instead of the targets moving as is normal you will be shooting at a fixed target while driving say 90mph. This course could be set up easily. I can see it now. Thank you for all the time you gave the PGCA, I know that it affects family life not to mention fishing, Gary

Mark Conrad 06-03-2012 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I appreciate your comments. I enjoyed the letters but after almost 9 years years I needed a change. We made the change 3 weeks ago and Chuck is doing excellent with his role.

I did a car show in Richmond yesterday and took 1st Place in C2 (1963-1967) and Best Paint in Show with my 1966 roadster. There were about 200 corvettes in the show and about a dozen C2's. Not bad for a newbie. I drove a over 220 miles yesterday with the top down and enjoyed every minute.

I'll be around and thanks. I picture is below of Roadster with her trophies.

Mark

Daryl Corona 06-03-2012 05:59 PM

Mark,
Congratulations on your win and what an awesome vette. Do we write this off as beginners luck?::bowdown:

Mark Conrad 06-04-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Corona (Post 71228)
Mark,
Congratulations on your win and what an awesome vette. Do we write this off as beginners luck?::bowdown:

This is the 3rd first place for the car in an all corvette show so I am past the beginners luck. I am surprized it beats out 427 cars which have allot of appeal at shows. The car is still new to the area and I suspect after awhile it will loose its charm. The paint on the car "POPS" as the saying goes.

Mark

Don Kaas 06-04-2012 12:05 PM

Thank you Mark for all your help over the years.

Daryl Corona 06-04-2012 07:41 PM

Mark,
I was 16 in 1966 and my neighbor had a 66' vette just like yours and I wanted one in the worst way. Still do but could'nt afford one then and still can't afford one now. Maybe one day if I ever shake this Parker thing.

Dave Suponski 06-04-2012 07:43 PM

Not likely Daryl.....not likely.....:rotf: