Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   When you’re not watching.... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30787)

Dean Romig 08-02-2020 12:04 PM

When you’re not watching....

Grouse season just sneaks right up on you!

In the middle of all the BS everybody’s dealing with these days, ourselves included, it just dawned on me that there really is a God and heaven for me and mine is in the thickets and coverts on the scrubapple hillsides in my little piece of Vermont. It’s just two months away and I plan on closing the ‘social distance’ between me and the rapidly escaping grouse with a charge of #8’s from my 28 bore.

It may be a little early but I wish ALL bird hunters find their own piece of heaven this fall !

Jerry Parise 08-02-2020 12:15 PM

Amen to that!

Chris Robenalt 08-02-2020 12:24 PM

I'm right behind you in my thinking Dean! I'm already looking past the dove opener, and thinking about quail. There's something about that first flush that makes the wait worthwhile!

Kent Nickerson 08-02-2020 01:28 PM

My dog is putting up big communal coveys of 1/2 size birds all over the farm. 20 to 30 in a group with their parents. This could be a fine fall season.

Harold Lee Pickens 08-02-2020 03:46 PM

Talked to the people Who own the cabin I rent in the UP. Al lis a go. Going for at least 2 weeks-possibly 3. Was tuning up my favorite grouse gun at the Rock

Garry L Gordon 08-02-2020 05:14 PM

Thank goodness for the optimism of the future bird season. It will be especially sweet for many who have had challenges and sorrows to deal with during these past months. Elaine and I be missing two of our dogs when the season opens, but will have the memories of good times past to greet the promise of the new season.

I echo the comments above, and wish every hunter a good walk in good cover with a loyal dog and favorite gun.

Shane Jennings 08-02-2020 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 308479)
In the middle of all the BS everybody’s dealing with these days, .....

:D That made me think of seeing this the other day.....

Gary Laudermilch 08-02-2020 06:40 PM

Just spoke with my son. He saw two broods of grouse at work today; one of six and one of 5. Both were nearly full grown. To top that off my setter pointed a woodcock this morning. The juices are flowing!

Everyone will have a wonderful season. No hope about it.

Rick Losey 08-02-2020 06:59 PM

Gary

we would believe you more if there were GPS coordinates :whistle:

Gary Laudermilch 08-02-2020 08:45 PM

Glad to provide location data. You will be wasting your time though as the birds will be elsewhere by the time the season rolls around. And then, it is loose lips sink ships.