Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Slipcase for The Parker Story (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23699)

Greg Baehman 03-15-2018 05:08 PM

Slipcase for The Parker Story

I know a slipcase was included with the Limited Edition of the TPS, but were slipcases included with the standard trade edition or just the pre-publication orders of the trade edition?

Scot Cardillo 03-15-2018 05:54 PM

I have the trade edition and didn't receive a slipcase Greg. I bought the set directly from the publishing house about 2 or 3 yrs ago.

Greg Baehman 03-15-2018 06:36 PM

Thanks for that Scot. I have both the limited and trade editions of TPS, both sets have their own slipcase. When I purchased my trade edition it was during the pre-publication time frame. I seem to recall that the slipcase was only offered to pre-publication orders of the trade edition, but it may have also been available as an aftermarket item.

Now I find that having both editions is perhaps too much of a good thing, so I'll probably be selling one set or the other. I have no idea how many sets of the trade edition were sold during the pre-publication time frame, but there can't be as many sold then as post-publication. So one could deduce that there is a little added value to the trade edition that includes a slipcase . . . I wonder what that added value might be worth?

Robin Lewis 03-15-2018 06:37 PM

I have both deluxe and standard in slip cases. I think the standard had slip cases but only for the very first ones sold.

Scot Cardillo 03-15-2018 07:07 PM

Dammit - now I want a slipcase :cuss:

Rich Anderson 03-15-2018 07:12 PM

I have the trade edition and as it was a X-Mass gift it wasn't purchased prior to publication and it has the slip case.

Greg Baehman 03-15-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 238307)
I have the trade edition and as it was a X-Mass gift it wasn't purchased prior to publication and it has the slip case.

I wonder if Santa had to pay a little extra for that set with a slip case? :)

Scot Cardillo 03-15-2018 08:02 PM

On the contrary, Greg - I'm thinking I got screwed over :cuss:

--

Kidding of course. I don't recall a slipcase available with an up-charge however, I have to believe the option to acquire one was not available based solely on the fact I would have opted for it when I ordered the set.

..slipcase envy :rotf:

Rich Anderson 03-15-2018 08:18 PM

If I'm good, very,very good I'll ask Santa.........Don't hold your breath:rotf:

Phil Yearout 03-16-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot Cardillo (Post 238311)
On the contrary, Greg - I'm thinking I got screwed over :cuss:

--

Kidding of course. I don't recall a slipcase available with an up-charge however, I have to believe the option to acquire one was not available based solely on the fact I would have opted for it when I ordered the set.

..slipcase envy :rotf:

If you did, I did too. No slip case here. Pretty easy to make one actually (says the guy who has seen it on google but never actually done it :)).