Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Patterning Tonight (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24918)

edgarspencer 08-15-2018 04:07 PM

:bigbye:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 250782)
Thanks Edgar....

Tom Flanigan 08-20-2018 09:09 AM

OMG Dean....killing cute little chipmonks. When I was a kid, I used to bowhunt them with rubber blunt tips. No matter where you hit them, they would die from shock. I pulled off the tails and saved them in a envelope, like I did to keep track of the number of grouse I shot each year. I would pull one tail feather from each bird and put it in an envelope with the year marked on it. I stopped shooting the poor little chipmonks years ago. Now I feed them birdseed. I like to see them in the yard. Fill their little bellies with birdseed and they will probably not touch the roots. It's a better solution Dean :)

Dean Romig 08-20-2018 09:41 AM

I don’t generally bend to the whims of chipmunks Tom.

I have property to defend. My brick walkway is already beginning to sink in places.

Tom Flanigan 08-20-2018 09:43 AM

You're a hard man Dean:)

Dean Romig 08-20-2018 09:56 AM

Their stripes are cute but in this situation I view them as vermin... just like rats and mice.

Dean Romig 08-21-2018 09:41 PM

0ops - wrong thread.

todd allen 08-21-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 250553)
Bill, I patterned it again last night at about 28 feet and still got an effective though not lethal pattern. I will certainly take closer shots, given the opportunity. Though, like coyotes, I consider them ‘vermin’ and deal with them accordingly.

Maybe you could get Briley's to choke-tube it.

Dean Romig 08-21-2018 10:08 PM

I had actually toyed with that idea. I would need them to ream the bore to remove any remaining rifling and then have them make two choke tubes (fittings) - one light mod and the other extra full... depending if I'm after squirrels of chipmunks.

Mark Ray 08-22-2018 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dean,

Oh the Humanity!

edgarspencer 08-22-2018 12:56 PM

To preserve some some collector value, I would suggest investigating having the bore relined.
A place in Kansas called the 90-06 Armory used to do this and I have has a couple pump Winchesters worked on by them. The work was done with absolutely no outward appearance of a sleeve, as it was done from the breach end, but not thru the muzzle end.
A quick google search shows a business by that name, but seems to be an AR type weapons manufacturer. Perhaps a call to them might get you closer to the center of the target (over and over)