Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Repro Case Repair (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10803)

allen newell 06-28-2013 07:39 AM

Repro Case Repair

I am in the process of purchasing a slightly used 20 ga Parker Repro DHE with original case. From the pics, it looks like one green felt covered block is missing from the case and will need to be replaced. Some felt may be torn in the inside but I can't tell fro sure from the pics if this is just the underside where the original block was positioned.

Anyway, when I get the gun and case (next week), I will want to send the case out for repairs. Who would you recommend for this work? Thanks gents in advance.

Linn Matthews 06-28-2013 07:44 AM

Marvin Huey is the man for this. As I recall he is in Missouri.

charlie cleveland 06-28-2013 11:34 AM

allen one of the boys here does super good work on cases...hes got a ad in parker pages tqward the back of the magazine..mark q...is the man that comes to mind but i aint good at spelling so just put up the q...ask some the boys he really does good work i ve seen lots of pictures of his work.... charlie

Angel Cruz 06-28-2013 11:44 AM

Kevin MacCormack, he's in Virginia and does great work. he also advertises in the Parker Pages

allen newell 06-28-2013 07:09 PM

When I get the case and gun, I'll know better which direction I'll go in. Thanks guys.

allen newell 06-29-2013 07:13 PM

Mint Repro 20 ga

The fellow that I just purchased a 20 ga repro (26" bbls, straight stock, M/Impro cyl) is shipping it to me for delivery next Wednesday. Turns out it was his wife's uncles gun, kept in one of his safes. He's cleaning out the uncle's firearm collection apparently. He tells me the gun is in 'mint' (his word-not mine) condition and from the pics I've seen this could be true.

In any event, I'm not very familiar with Parker repros and I'm wondering that regardless of the external look and feel of the gun (when I have it in hand and can examine it more closely), would it still be wise to send it out to say a Brad Bachelder to have Brad strip it down, make sure the internals are clean etc. and make sure there's no issues with the wood etc.

Does this make sense or am I just being a bit too conservative...?

Dean Romig and others, you folks have more experience with these Repros. What makes sense to you.
Thanks in advance. :)
A

Bill Murphy 06-30-2013 08:39 AM

If it works, don't open it up. Yes, you're being too conservative.

Ken Hill 06-30-2013 02:20 PM

Allen,

I bought a 28ga repro in May. The gun if shot at all, had not been shot in a long time. I assembled the gun and couldn't get the safety to move. I put some penetrating oil on the safety and it worked after sitting overnight. I haven't had the gun cleaned and everything works fine.

Ken

allen newell 07-01-2013 06:03 PM

I spoke with Marvin Huey today out in Kansas and will send the case to his shop. His work is also exceptional and he tells me he did much work on Parker Repro cases for the original manufacturer when then were being made. Said he might even have some original accessories available to add to the case. That's the plan anyways.

Richard Skeuse 07-03-2013 08:22 AM

Repro case repair

Marvin Huey is who we recommend he is at :820 Indiana, Lawrence, Ks.66044. His Phone is 785-842-0062 Tell him Richard Skeuse told you to call and tell him Hi for me Thanks