Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Las Vegas Antique Arms (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28844)

john pulis 12-19-2019 07:44 AM

Las Vegas Antique Arms

Has anyone attended the LV Antique Arms show? Is it worth the trip? I saw the advert in the recent issue of SS. I searched the Website but did not locate a list of exhibitors. I assume all the standard vendors display then some from the West Coast.

Randy G Roberts 12-19-2019 07:53 AM

I have attended this show for the last several years as have many of the members here. For me the Tulsa show has always been #1 followed by Vegas. Seems as though there are always good guns coming to light at this show and I have had a reasonable amount of success there over the years. The 2020 show is in Feb. as compared to the usual Jan. date due to a scheduling conflict as I understand it. While I am admittedly not a Vegas lover it's usually cold here in Southern IN at that time of the year so it's a welcome trip for sure. I don't think you will be disappointed if you go.

Bill Murphy 12-19-2019 05:24 PM

Beinfeld's website has an outrageous list of vendors. I looked at it today. Winter Vegas is the best of the best.

Bill Davis 12-19-2019 06:53 PM

I’ve gone to the Vegas winter show many times. From the Sahara to the Riviera and now it’s current venue, the Westgate! To my eye, the crowds have diminished in the last few years and some vendors are dropping out. I’m not certain you’ll see Steve Barnett there in 2020 and he has had many tables there for years. I think part of the attendance problem is their recent inability to coincide with the SHOT SHOW. That draws many thousands of attendees and many of them would stick around to attend the Beinfield gun show. SHOT generally runs Monday to Thursday, with the Vegas gun show beginning on Thursday and ending Sunday. It was a perfect fit. Just an observation on my part. Still lots of good stuff to see!

Mills Morrison 12-20-2019 02:23 PM

PGCA had the annual meeting there a few years ago and I had a great time.

Patrick Lien 12-20-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john pulis (Post 288038)
Has anyone attended the LV Antique Arms show? Is it worth the trip? I saw the advert in the recent issue of SS. I searched the Website but did not locate a list of exhibitors. I assume all the standard vendors display then some from the West Coast.

John,
The Winter Vegas show is the best gun show in the western US. My family has been attending as both buyers/sellers for 30+ years and I look forward to 2020 being another good year. It will be interesting to see how the schedule shift to late Feb impacts attendance. Historically I have had two tables in the antique arms room and the big dealers are in the other room. I do most of my buying and selling in the antique dealer room and it has always been a good show for buying/selling vintage shotguns for myself. Overall it is a great gun show for vintage arms. Please come check it out!

PML

Bill Murphy 12-21-2019 07:06 AM

John, click on the black box that says "Exhibitors List".

Jim Thynne 01-21-2020 07:46 PM

I will be selling my deceased partner Jerry Kitto's collection including some rare Parkers and 21's. His wife will be with me. I have always been awed by this show and the variety of very fine guns that the attendees bring. It is a great show to bring along Mom, and let her shop and maybe pull a few slot machine handles. Yes, I talked to Steve Barnett, and he will attend the show to purchase guns instead of tabeling. Come to this one you will not be dissapointed!

Bill Murphy 01-22-2020 05:26 PM

I have been to Winter Vegas, but I still don't understand modern slot machines. I was raised in a slots legal state and have a lot of experience with them, but the new ones are a mystery to me.

Patrick Lien 01-22-2020 06:13 PM

Bill,
The last time I saw you at winter Vegas Sinatra was alive and you did not yet qualify for the senior discount at the buffet. Come in Feb. I will bring my camera(you use it to take pictures of stuff). We can get a selfie holding a few Parker's and you can post it here and blow peoples minds. I can also provide slot lessons AFTER the photo lessons. :)

Cheers
PML