Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Quality C (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16862)

Daryl Corona 07-22-2015 10:20 AM

Beautiful guns no question, but for me they lose their "soul", for lack of a better term, when they are refinished. Thanks for posting them Bruce.

Bruce Day 07-22-2015 03:53 PM

Interesting. This gun beat around for quite a while and no one was interested in it, although many had their chances. Now many have commented that they would like to find a gun like that.

I suppose this tells me not to post photos of guns that have had any restoration work. I'll let others post photos of their guns

Rich Anderson 07-22-2015 04:16 PM

Most of the guns you post pics of aren't yours anyway.

Bruce Day 07-22-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 173141)
Most of the guns you post pics of aren't yours anyway.

The photos have been removed.

Neither I or the gun's owner wish to show photos of guns that posters here do not like, so we have decided not to post any more pictures of guns.

Robin Lewis 07-22-2015 04:48 PM

Wow, great logic Bruce? One forum post that is something you take issue with and the other 1100 of us are thrown under the bus! I want to say more but I will restrain myself.

Bob Hardison 07-22-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Day (Post 172769)
Top action with Bernard barrels.

Posting these photos to create and maintain interest in Parkers.

I really enjoy all photos of Parkers posted here especially ones posted by Bruce and some others. This one was especially interesting because of the before and afters. I sometimes wonder about originality of new in the box looking ones. This one was made clear to be restored (beautifully) and I appreciate that. It also serves Bruce's intent for me. Bob

Bruce Day 07-22-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Lewis (Post 173144)
Wow, great logic Bruce? One forum post that is something you take issue with and the other 1100 of us are thrown under the bus! I want to say more but I will restrain myself.

Robin you have some fine Parkers Maybe post photos of them so that others may comment as they choose? About a third of the guns I post are mine, the others from a friend who has believed in promoting interest on the Parker. Others have sometimes asked if we are sensitive or something as if sensitivity is somehow bad.

I encourage others with fine Parkers to post photos of their guns and draw whatever ever comments people here deem appropriate.

greg conomos 07-22-2015 06:29 PM

Promoting interest in Parkers is a noble cause....but restricting what can and can't and should and shouldn't be said about them is not the way to get there.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

Mike Franzen 07-22-2015 06:37 PM

The reality is most gun enthusiasts approve of and admire quality restoration work. Otherwise Bachelder, Del Grego, Turnbull, Edmonds, Merrington , Dawe, Dudley and a whole host of others wouldn't have backlogs out their wazoo. I like seeing photos of any and all Parker's. I like untouched originals and I like wrecks. I like seeing the craftsmanship of someone who can do quality resto work. Bruce if you want to keep interest in Parker's alive then keep posting. The only thing worse than people talking about your pics is people not talking about your pics.

Bruce Day 07-22-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg conomos (Post 173156)
Promoting interest in Parkers is a noble cause....but restricting what can and can't and should and shouldn't be said about them is not the way to get there.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

So post photos of your fine Parkers for public discussion.