Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CANDID OPINIONS PLEASE ON THIS GH GUN (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6940)

Bob Jurewicz 04-24-2012 12:29 PM

CANDID OPINIONS PLEASE ON THIS GH GUN

I just listed a GH Parker on GI item #100247262. The gun's # is 83043 it has 27" barrels and round knob stock. Serialization Book says Capped Pistol and 30". I pulled the trigger guard and the original factory stamped number is present. The barrels have the appropriate band at the muzzle and the end looks uncut and original with barrels touching.
Please look at the listing and pictures and give me your opinion on originality.
I know the can of worms I'm opening. I'm a big boy and can take it!!!!

http://www.gunsinternational.com/PAR...n_id=100247262

Mike Shepherd 04-24-2012 12:46 PM

In regard to barrel length; I might be suspicious of the odd length of 27", the fact that the guns shows in the Parker serialization as 30". I suppose the muzzle end of the top rib could be TIG welded and then dressed down to show the band. The convergence of the barrels could be changed, the ribs could be relayed, and keels soldered in. If the gun were a $30,000 AAH it seems reasonable someone would have spent all that money to fake it. But on a $1200 GH it doesn't seem to make sense.

Is there a Parker letter?

Best,

Mike

Bill Murphy 04-24-2012 12:51 PM

Before I advertised a gun like that for sale, I would have a $40 PGCA letter in hand in case the stock and barrel length were original. The rib end looks faked up and the stock would be suspect if someone took the time to fake up the rib end. The stock doesn't match the SB and touching muzzles mean nothing. However, a letter may prove both the stock and the barrels to be products of the factory. I personally think the whole gun is suspect and needs a letter. Nice gun, though, and the price is right. By the way, how is the "little gun" doing? I hope you keep it indoors at night.

Bob Jurewicz 04-24-2012 12:55 PM

Thanks Mike and Bill.
This may be fun to hear all opinions.
I think its all fake too.
Bob Jurewicz

Justin Julian 04-24-2012 01:21 PM

Bob,

You are being too hard on your gun...its only a "fake" if its misrepresented as an original.

I too agree that the stock is not original and the barrels probably cut, but it looks like a great shooter and its priced as a shooter, so there's nothing to apologize for. Since its most likely not original, what a great candidate for new case colors to match that bright stock. My one real big concern is the barrel wall thickness of the upper right tube....it looks thinner than a sheet of paper at that portion of the muzzle. Have you measured its thickness? I wonder whether the barrels were cut due to a bad dent at the muzzle that was then honed, leaving the right muzzle wall noticeably thinned.

Dave Suponski 04-24-2012 01:22 PM

The barrel weight stamp seems a little heavy for a 27" gun. No?

Pete Lester 04-24-2012 02:32 PM

This post is not considered a gun for sale ad???

Bob Jurewicz 04-24-2012 02:43 PM

Ruff,
That barrel is actually .028" at the point you refer.
And, JB, I don't need to sell guns on this site and did not intend it as such.
Bob Jurewicz

Pete Lester 04-24-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jurewicz (Post 68219)
Ruff,
That barrel is actually .028" at the point you refer.
And, JB, I don't need to sell guns on this site and did not intend it as such.
Bob Jurewicz

It's not personal. It's a legitimate question, what are the rules when it comes to posting links to guns one has for sale on other web sites? I thought that was verbotten. There have been a couple of recent incidents where we could figure out the gun pictured by the owner was for sale on GB. Those turned out to be issues with the moderators, perhaps this one is OK? Clarity would be good, and I personnally don't mind seeing the adds but such rules should be applied evenly.

Bob Jurewicz 04-24-2012 03:04 PM

Pete,
Being a member I would have the right to post a "for sale" in that forum if I wished.. My intent was to get opinions from the experts on a gun I find very interesting and thought others on this board may also. Linking to the GI saved me tons of picture posting time.. I have never seen shortened Parker barrels look so good and original.
Bob Jurewicz