Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Treasures From the Vintagers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28216)

Randy G Roberts 09-23-2019 04:43 PM

Treasures From the Vintagers

Alright I am curious. Did anyone find anything they had to have at the VC ? For me I had my sights on a 36" hammer gun but unfortunately the deal could not be made. Brian Dudley did deliver a Parker he had been performing some work on so I did not come home empty handed. There were some nice Parkers there for certain.

Craig Larter 09-23-2019 05:02 PM

Bought a CH 12ga Bernard from Steve B., sold a DH 20ga and Fox SPE and got a commitment on a Ithaca NID grade 3 super ten. Lots of great guns. Josh L had a Fox XE 16ga that got me thinking. Josh also had a fantastic Fox FE. His Fox D is a good buy for the guy looking for a nice first gen D, looks better in hand than his pictures. Kirby Hoyt had a beautiful Steven Grant side lock that was a knock out for not much money. Steve Barnett had a bunch of great guns including a 8ga DHE but WAY out if my league price wise. Big fun!
The CH Bernard joins my CH 10/34 Damascus, CH 10/32 Bernard and CHE 12/32 #3 frame Damascus.
Randy nice to meet you and chat for a few minutes. Craig

Randy G Roberts 09-23-2019 05:49 PM

Same here Craig, nice to finally meet you. Sounds like you were in the middle of some good ones. Josh did have some great guns for sure.

Dave Tercek 09-23-2019 07:03 PM

Bought a little 20g, VHE, straight stock, single trigger gun, from Josh.

It was a great event. I got to meet some interesting people and talk to others that I only see every year or two.
I'll be there next year and hopefully find another gun I really don't need.

Mills Morrison 09-23-2019 07:17 PM

I got a lot of good stuff but no guns. A highlight was seeing a VH 20 Brian has done a full restoration on. More to come on it. I got some Parker brass shells, a great old leather case that needs some love and a bunch of other stuff.

Randy G Roberts 09-23-2019 07:25 PM

I saw that gun also Mills, nice. I bet there is more to come on it:corn:

James L. Martin 09-23-2019 07:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got a real nice 1921 DH 20ga straight grip ,with hangtags from Josh, he had some real nice guns.

Brian Dudley 09-23-2019 08:38 PM

It was nice to see all of you that I did see/meet.

Randy pointed me in the direction of a good lot of Parker parts/collectibles that I was able to buy from another vendor and I am glad to have them for sure.
I was able to get a few cases for personal guns and steve had a boatload of case covers to dig through and I found a couple that fit my new cases nicely.

Sara LeFever 09-23-2019 08:49 PM

It was very nice to meet many people for the first time and put some faces with the names. I didn't wind up buying anything except for rounds of sporting clays. I kept pretty busy all three days!

Sara

Randy G Roberts 09-23-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James L. Martin (Post 282002)
Got a real nice 1921 DH 20ga straight grip ,with hangtags from Josh, he had some real nice guns.

If that's the same gun that I handled and I am pretty sure that it is that is a very nice gun. Congrats on your purchase, I am certain you will enjoy that one.