Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I need advice please.... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=785)

Lee St.Clair 11-03-2009 02:08 PM

I need advice please....

]Not sure if this is the place to requst this.....but have been given a parker shot gun. I have no desire to keep it. I have no idea what its worth. Any advice I might get on going about trying to find out its value and the best way to sell it would be greatly appreciated. Am near Toledo Ohio. Thank you very much.
PHE 12 ga double barrel frame 2 34 inch barrel full/mod. 203984 circa 1923

Tried to add url of pics.....did not work....will try again later....sighs.

George Lander 11-03-2009 02:25 PM

Lee: Post the serial number and a general description of your gun and many here will be happy to respond with their advice.

Best Regards, George Lander

David Dwyer 11-03-2009 02:26 PM

Lee
Tell us about the Parker: Grade, gage, ser #, condition, Barrel type and length and show us some really good in focus pictures and we will try and help
David

Destry L. Hoffard 11-03-2009 05:42 PM

Save our time on here and put it up on www.gunbroker.com you'll get what it's worth if you have decent pics. We're a site for Parker collectors and shooters, not for evaluation of guns for sale. We'd like to have a for sale section on here but apparently that's not going to be allowed.

DLH

Lee St.Clair 11-03-2009 06:25 PM

Sorry to take your time sir. I put it on gunbroker....ask the expert. Was told 750 by one person. I have already been offered 1500 and 2200 for the gun. I am not a gun collector. I know not alot about guns. Was just trying not to get taken. Am sorry I have 'wasted' your time. Perhaps I can find some kind people willing to help me else where. Thank you for your time. Have a blessed day!!!!

Destry L. Hoffard 11-03-2009 06:31 PM

Buddy there are guys on here that know more about Parker shotguns than anybody in the world, but we all own and shoot them. If we had a for sale page on here it would be a different deal, but we don't, so......

DLH

Dean Romig 11-03-2009 10:09 PM

No sense making him feel welcome here, right? :shock:

Travis Sims 11-03-2009 10:25 PM

Destry......
Taking your frustrations out on someone not familar with this forum just because the forum doesn't allow a "guns for sale" section, isn't a cause for the rudeness you displayed toward him.
Good job dude........you done your good deed for the day. you should be proud!

Pat Dugan 11-03-2009 10:42 PM

Destry is right, a lot of these people just want to know how much money they can get out of their inherited or stolen Parkers. Remember the man that had the transition 16 GA VHE Parker that was part made in Meridian and assembled and marked Illion. It was a stolen Parker. Yes let them go to Gunbroker, maybe they will get caught.

PDD

Travis Sims 11-03-2009 10:46 PM

Yes......of course, he's guilty before proven innocent!:rolleyes: