Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A little surprise (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23966)

Jack Cronkhite 04-14-2018 07:27 PM

A little surprise

1 Attachment(s)
I was photographing an old yard today. I have been hiking Charlie and Kyra in the area and have been recording the spring melt with the subject being an old Case Tractor and Combine. I'm actually getting tired of global warming not being so hot here. I could even use some climate change, even though that is considered politically incorrect. Anyway, I digress. Back to the subject. I was kneeling low in the snow to get this shot. Charlie and Kyra had other ideas. Just as I pressed the shutter release, I was startled and found myself a bit flatter in the snow. Don't know which pup made the discovery but the flush of a pair of Hungarian partridge from under the combine was pretty loud even for a deaf guy like me. Fortunately the camera compensates for a case of the shakes. The two birds are in the top right of the photo but the exposure was not set for this kind of action, so they are a couple of blurs. Too close to occupied farm house to play this fall carrying a Parker. Cheers, Jack

Rich Anderson 04-14-2018 08:46 PM

Those Huns will around in a huntable place this fall. They are one of my favorites and a hard to to kill cleanly. I haven't hunted them in a while but have fond memories of chasing them across the Manitoba prairie.

Richard Flanders 04-14-2018 11:25 PM

Excellent Jack. What are the chances, eh? That looks like a really nice old Case and well taken care of. Rear tires look new.

charlie cleveland 04-14-2018 11:31 PM

i now know where to hunt game birds at.....find old case tractors....neat photo jack hope the old case had a cover over the exhaust .....charlie

Jack Cronkhite 04-15-2018 01:34 AM

No cover. Been abandoned for years. Someone, someday will consider it a great find and restore it maybe. Tires don't look too good up close. Cheers, Jack

Bill Murphy 04-15-2018 09:41 AM

I have a photo of a Pointer locked up on a ringneck in the front wheel well of a yellow Mercedes sedan.

Jack Cronkhite 04-15-2018 12:38 PM

Well let's see that one then:)

John Dallas 04-15-2018 02:23 PM

Poor Bill. Despite a good education he apparently never learned how to spell camera

Phil Yearout 04-15-2018 10:15 PM

Gotta love a Case. As a kid I spent several summers working for a local farmer - Jim Thomas - and I spent a lot of time in the cab of one of his two big ol' Case tractors - a lot newer than that one. Pre air conditioning, but they did have a fan installed. I'd wait as long as I could before turning on that fan because it felt so good when I finally did. One day my buddy Dave Steeples was in the other one; he was ahead but I decided I could take him. I was gaining on him and finally passed him when I looked back and realized I didn't have my one-way in the ground! No wonder!

Sorry to hijack the thread; that old Case just brought back a lot of memories.

Jack Cronkhite 04-16-2018 11:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
No problem. Here's a bit more for the memories. Cheers, Jack
Hmmm...... doesn't like portrait today, just landscape. Picture gremlins at it again.