Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Single Trigger Problem (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9061)

Tony Guccioni 12-28-2012 01:02 AM

Single Trigger Problem

My preferred 'smith is slowly working his way through solving some trigger problems with one of my ST 12 ga. Repros.
He has an exploded diagram of a Parker Double trigger gun but would sure like to have a look at a parts view for a single trigger gun.
Could someone kindly point me in the right direction to secure such; a PM would indeed be appreciated.

Many Thanks, TONY.

Bob Jurewicz 12-28-2012 06:59 AM

If this is his first dive into a Repro single trigger it could be a disaster.
Bob Jurewicz

Eric Eis 12-28-2012 09:27 AM

Send it to Dan May. If your smith is looking at diagrams he should not even be considered to work on it !

Richard Skeuse 12-28-2012 10:07 AM

Single trigger Problem

Chris Maest from Clay target sports Princeton,NJ can fix the problem also. His number is 809-821-9358

Harry Collins 12-28-2012 12:00 PM

Many problems on the old single triggers were caused by improper tension on the two tang screws. The one under the trigger guard bow and the one under the top lever. If those two are indexed it will correct most faults.

Tony Guccioni 12-28-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jurewicz (Post 90723)
If this is his first dive into a Repro single trigger it could be a disaster.
Bob Jurewicz

He is very experienced and his expertise and knowledge is held in high regard by many ...

However, I've not seen him so confounded before.

Sadly, I suspect this little Repro may indeed be his 'Achilles heel'.

The parts diagram for a ST gun would ease his 'pain' and solve a couple of little mysteries for him.
I'd like to assist him in any way I can.

I'm in absolutely no hurry and accept that the gun may eventually need to go on a holiday with someone else.

Thanks, TONY.

Eric Eis 12-28-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Guccioni (Post 90756)
He is very experienced and his expertise and knowledge is held in high regard by many ...

However, I've not seen him so confounded before.

Sadly, I suspect this little Repro may indeed be his 'Achilles heel'.

The parts diagram for a ST gun would ease his 'pain' and solve a couple of little mysteries for him.
I'd like to assist him in any way I can.

I'm in absolutely no hurry and accept that the gun may eventually need to go on a holiday with someone else.

Thanks, TONY.

Tony, send it to someone who knows these triggers, don't be a "test case" as you will not like the outcome. Trust me on this, been there done that...:banghead:

Dave Suponski 12-28-2012 06:37 PM

Yup..Me too. Eric gives good advise.

Tony Guccioni 12-28-2012 07:04 PM

Reading you ( all ) ... loud and clear.

Thanks.

Don Miller 12-28-2012 11:48 PM

Do many of you have problems with the single trigger? I was considering buying my first Parker Repro 28ga but don't want to send it across country should there be trigger issues.