Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Top level hammer gun opportunity (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19817)

Bill Graham 09-15-2016 11:55 AM

Top level hammer gun opportunity

3 Attachment(s)
Just getting into Parker's with a broken down VH. There's a top level hammer gun I found, but I'm very ignorant about them, even to the point of not knowing if they were ever faked.

Would someone be willing to share some insight on these images (the best I could manage at this time)?

Jim DiSpagno 09-15-2016 12:10 PM

That is NOT a Parker Brothers hammer shotgun. From the hammer configuration and the shape of the dolls head extension, appears to be a European, possibly Belgian made guild gun. Many of these said Parker on them to take advantage of name recognition in the US gun market. Value is considerably less than Parker Brothers of Meridan Ct. made guns.

Bill Graham 09-15-2016 12:25 PM

One of the other images (blurry) reads "Parker" on the side plate. The barrel rib images could not be read.

Glad I asked here. I was going to make a drive to take a look. Won't be bothering now.

Thank you!

Jim DiSpagno 09-15-2016 01:04 PM

Bill, get a copy of the Parker story or at least the Serialization book to use as a reference point or if in a pinch, refer to this web site under the title of "the grades" and peruse the pictures. Good luck. I have a very nice and collectible hsmmergun here on this site. Pm me or call me at 1-917-763-1797 if you're interested. Jim

Rick Losey 09-15-2016 08:07 PM

the cartoonish engraving makes me think Belgium

proof marks would tell

but it is not always true to say Parker (non Parker Bros) guns are fakes. there was a Parker family in England that made guns for a couple generations- of good quality - honestly using their name - Thomas and Charles come to mind

Bill Graham 09-15-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim DiSpagno (Post 202156)
I have a very nice and collectible hsmmergun here on this site. Pm me or call me at 1-917-763-1797 if you're interested. Jim

Thanks Jim. My means wouldn't afford a nice Parker. I'd worked out trading a Chinese SKS and an old police riot pump for this one. Were it a Parker that would have been a good trade, but the deal's off now.

I will try to get some new images of the cartouche marks to see if it's something to tinker with for little $.

Chuck Bishop 09-15-2016 08:46 PM

Got to admit, the bird is looking back!

Bill Graham 09-15-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 202167)
Got to admit, the bird is looking back!

Is that a good thing?

Rick Losey 09-15-2016 09:13 PM

Bill

That is just a humorous comment on a recent thread about a period when Parker Brothers hammer gun wore birds looking over their shoulders

Bill Graham 09-15-2016 09:51 PM

I think that's great! Sounds like a fun thread. Oh no, it's a Parker!