Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Shotgun Shell Reloading (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cheddite paper reloading (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30578)

Eric Johanen 07-03-2020 12:05 PM

Cheddite paper reloading

Does anyone have information on loading these hulls? I have a supply and would like to reload them.

Mark Garrett 07-06-2020 04:23 PM

what gauge ?

edgarspencer 07-06-2020 07:39 PM

I load Chedite 12ga paper. I enjoy the look of the hull roll crimped, but also fold crimp them. I use a Bridgeport Proucts deluxe crimper, and the reason it does such a nice job, is it has four rolling bars, not one.
I have a quantity of 20 paper also, and they are miserable to fold crimp, and the Ballistic Products roll crimper is slower than watching paint dry.

Paul Harm 07-23-2020 03:34 PM

Precision Reloading has a two pin model I like. If you're not reloading at the high end of pressure, I'd just treat them the same as Federal papers. They're both a straight walled hull - can't be a lot of difference.

Harold Lee Pickens 08-02-2020 06:19 PM

I just found this thread. I have only about 50 RST blue paper 16 ga hulls. Tried to load them with my MEC 600, but was told I need a special pre-crimp. They didnt crimp well with my standard pre crimp and crimp. With only 50, I'll just give them to someone who likes to load paper

Joseph Flynn 09-26-2020 05:41 PM

Eric, I've been trying to find cheddite paper hulls for a while, they have been out of stock everywhere I I've looked for months! Are you finding them at a retailer? If so who? thanks

Eric Johanen 09-28-2020 08:01 AM

Josey, I ordered my 12 and 16paper hulls through Ballistic Products 2 years ago when they had a fresh shipment from Cheddite. I do not know when they will get in another shipment. Watch their sight or call them for status. I haver been using them for vintage black powder loads and they are real nice for that. Have been searching for low pressure smokeless loads also but not had much success. Would like to have card and fiber loads data.

Joseph Flynn 09-30-2020 11:05 AM

Thanks Eric, that looks like my best bet, I’ll try and contact ballistic products. I am also interested in low a pressure smokeless recipe for them. I will keep you updated if I find any good info.

edgarspencer 09-30-2020 11:23 AM

My 12ga. paper load won’t be of any use if you can’t locate the discontinued PB powder I use, but 20 grains and a Helix Cushion Driver wad, 7/8 ounce, and either folded or rolled crimp is all I do in 12ga paper and it’s a T-Shirt comfortable load.

Eric Johanen 10-01-2020 08:17 AM

Thank You Edgar! I'll give your load a try as I have a bunch of PB powder. I could settle for a plastic wad. I really want to use my supply of once fired Cheddite/RST paper hulls. Seems a shame to waste them and not put them to use.