Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I pulled a Mills today ! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26122)

Randy G Roberts 01-10-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 262515)
I've been throwing my Grade 2 up a few times and it felt abnormally good , so I just measured the drop . The comb is 1 3/4" and the heel is 2" . Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not normal for a field gun made in 1884 unless it was special ordered . If it were on a 2 or 3 frame I might speculate pigeon gun , but this things on a 1 frame .:whistle:

Craig I assume we are speaking of a 12 gauge ? Also how's it configured including barrel length ?

Dean Romig 01-10-2019 11:32 AM

Very high dimensions for the period - likely to be ordered that way.

CraigThompson 01-10-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 262520)
Very high dimensions for the period - likely to be ordered that way.

I just ordered a letter for it and the lifter 10 I got before Xmas !

I "thought" I needed to replace the part that holds the lever back when the guns open , but I spent a bit of time using brake cleaner and a very small pick . Now the lever stays back as it's supposed to .

The other Grade 2 12 is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Friday) and the Grade 0 12 I would hope will arrive next week some time . If they intrest me like this old beat up Grade 2 I'll pay the "letter tax" for them LOL's .

CraigThompson 01-10-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 262017)
I got a letter on my recent 4 frame and it was ordered by Carlos Gove, famous gun maker from Colorado. Was apparently the only Parker he ordered so probably his personal gun.

That most recent 4 frame really should migrate north to the Old Dominion , the central part to be more exact :whistle:

At the least it oughtta make the spring trip to Sanford NC !

CraigThompson 01-10-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 262517)
Craig I assume we are speaking of a 12 gauge ? Also how's it configured including barrel length ?

12 gauge 30 inch Damascus . I originally stated the gun was a 2 frame and that's what I thought it was until it arrived Tuesday but it turned out to be a 1 frame .

Randy G Roberts 01-10-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 262525)
12 gauge 30 inch Damascus . I originally stated the gun was a 2 frame and that's what I thought it was until it arrived Tuesday but it turned out to be a 1 frame .

Personally I would consider that frame size to be a positive surprise, sounds like you do as well. I'm with you on the fact that it is not a Pigeon configuration
and Dean as well on the special ordered dimensions.

Mills Morrison 01-10-2019 01:00 PM

I have letters on all of my guns where info is available and I have all letters organized in a PGCA binder. Worth every penny. It is like being able to admire your guns without getting them all out of the safe.

Mills Morrison 01-10-2019 01:04 PM

I have a one frame on the way as we speak. Stay tuned . . . .

CraigThompson 01-12-2019 05:07 PM

Once again the USPS screwed me . The other Grade 2 was supposed to be here Friday and going by their tracking system it’s not arrived in Richmond yet much less Orange . Now if it had a long distance to travel I’d be more understanding but Aberdeen MD to Orange VA is about 160 miles . The USPS has had the damn thing for five days and it was sent Priority no less .

Randy G Roberts 01-12-2019 05:17 PM

USPS priority is the absolute slowest means of shipping in the country. There's folks that swear by it because it's registered and every step is signed for as I understand it. Personally I despise shipping via USPS. Way to slow for my liking.