Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fall parker pages (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22137)

Ken Hill 09-01-2017 07:23 PM

The Parker Pages made it to Colorado today! I need to rest up from dove hunting before I open it.

Ken

Dean Romig 09-01-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Matthews (Post 224163)
Dean, the photography on your Elliot's Skeet gun article was exceptional...........great job on the story line also.
Charles

Thanks very much Charles. I tried to do my best on the photography of that neat little Parker but the pictures were so small it is difficult to really see the detail very well. My fault because I assigned too many pictures per page and collectively they all just took up too much space.

In a couple of weeks, after everybody has received his issue I will post those pictures here where everybody can enlarge them individually.

Russ Jackson 09-01-2017 08:21 PM

Dean I really enjoyed the article on the Skeet Gun ,I would Love to see the Floor Plate engraving ,4 Pheasants I am Guessing ? It is a Beautiful Gun ,if you managed to acquire it ,you are a Very Fortunate Man ! Thank You for the Great PP! :)

Dean Romig 09-01-2017 09:01 PM

It's not for sale Russ. The owner and I covered that possibility quite thoroughly in our first meeting.

The floor plate is the cover photo. I only wish I had realized the quality of the picture wasn't up to my standards before I returned the gun.

Randy Davis 09-01-2017 09:11 PM

Elliott Skeet gun

Dean, enjoyed the article on the find of John Ellioitt`s skeet gun... Could he be the brother of the famous Elliott family that started Elliott`s shooting park in Kansas City? J.A.R (Jim) the great live bird shooter, Robert S. (Uncle Bob) and Dave came west to Kansas City in the late 1880`s. I know they had a brother named John who never joined the venture. I believe John had a son
Jack who did come west to help in the family business...

Best regards
Trap3

Russ Jackson 09-01-2017 09:11 PM

I am sorry they wouldn't part with it Dean ,I am sure you would have enjoyed adding it to your collection ,she is a Beauty ! I should have realized the cover photo was the Gun must be an early Senior Moment ,at least I was right about the four Pheasants !

Dean Romig 09-01-2017 09:23 PM

Randy, there is no family relation between the two.
J. A. R. Elliott and John Elliot spell their names differently.

Randy Davis 09-01-2017 09:36 PM

Thanks Dean... wasn`t sure, thought the article had Elliot with two T`s.

Mike Franzen 09-01-2017 10:12 PM

Just saw a copy a little while ago. Great job again Dean!

Dean Romig 09-02-2017 06:42 AM

And kudos to you Mike for your perceptive and timely solicitations for your "Parker Mystique" collection of contributions. And, may I add my thanks to each of the contributors to Mike's compilation.