Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mearns at the Border (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20632)

MARK KIRCHER 01-19-2017 07:00 AM

Mearns at the Border

3 Attachment(s)
The men from VMC headed to AZ again last week for our Mearns hunt. The Westcoast Rainstorm rolled over at just the wrong time for us and the weather conditions proved to be an additional challenge.

Day 1 was much stronger with the hunts at higher elevations. I hunted With Craig and we made good on most opportunities. Below is a pic of what remains of Craigs first Mearns quail:eek:. The 16 gauge 30" G seems to fit him just fine!
I shot my little 0 frame 20 gauge DH with 28' tubes.

Big fun as usual -But certainly less opportunities, and many, many more hunters.

Rick Losey 01-19-2017 07:05 AM

i think i have an old brake hone Craig - we can open that choke for you

:eek:

still looks like a great hunt

Dean Romig 01-19-2017 08:00 AM

Even with a sixteen Craig can't seem to pull himself away from 10 gauge waterfowl loads... obviously :shock:

Craig Larter 01-19-2017 09:37 AM

Truth be told those little bottle rockets made a fool out of this old duck hunter! Mark Kircher is the man when it comes to these little devils, he is an amazing shot. They can disappear behind trees and brush faster than any Ruff Grouse. They flush at your feet and are gone before you can say sh*t. Not that it would matter much but I had the wrong gun for the game, choked way to tight for my shooting skills. Fun trip in beautiful almost unspoiled country. Only downer was I cracked the stock of my GHE trying to dispatch a cripple, stupid me.

Phillip Carr 01-19-2017 10:18 AM

Sorry I didnt get meet up with you this trip. Possibly next trip. I understand you got to hunt with my buddy Dave 1 day. He has some great dogs.

MARK KIRCHER 01-19-2017 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Phil -

We had a great time with Dave - He sure speaks highly of You and Your freindship! I am a big fan of his 2 1/2 year old "Garret". That dog can hunt!!!

Here is a nice pic I took of Dave. I hope we see you out there next time.

Craig Larter 01-19-2017 10:35 AM

Phil: Dave's Garrett pointer is the real deal, bird finding machine. Dave is a very nice man and speaks very highly of you, small world!

chris dawe 01-19-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK KIRCHER (Post 209858)
Phil -

We had a great time with Dave - He sure speaks highly of You and Your freindship! I am a big fan of his 2 1/2 year old "Garret". That dog can hunt!!!

Here is a nice pic I took of Dave. I hope we see you out there next time.

That's Hackman alright ,him and Phil are cut from the same cloth ,finer people you can't meet .... we had a ball the couple times we hunted ,well I did ...Dave and Phil get a chuckle from my tirade of Newfoundland curse words ,that always followed a flush...we always have some good laughs

Phillip Carr 01-19-2017 01:34 PM

Just stopped N of Phx on my way to Vegas. Dave and Garret are the real deal. Have hunted with Him before he could shave LOL. No better hunting partner or guide with dogs that can find Mearns quail.

MARK KIRCHER 01-23-2017 09:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
For those who have not seen it - Here are a couple pics of "The Wall" that now seperates The USA from Mexico in southern Arizona Mearns country. It was not quite what I had imagined when I arrived. I am not sure what I expected to see......but this was not it.........