Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Drakes Landing report (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18924)

David Dwyer 04-25-2016 08:15 AM

Drakes Landing report

The Thurs gathering at Drakes was just pure fun! There were 61 SxS shooters; Parker, Smith, Fox, English, French,Spanish and a Russian double. The growth from 40 last year to 61 this year was mostly Smith, Fox and English guns. The sub gage event was won by Buddy Marson with a Parker and the sub gage hammer gun was won by David Dwyer ,also with a Parker . Dan Andrews provided a great lunch and then a steak supper. He also let us reset the upper corse for the sub gage event. He has started construction on a third 12 station corse, maybe sub gage, that should be up by next year.
David

David Dwyer 04-25-2016 11:19 AM

Deep River

After Thur at Drakes, Buddy and I shot the D R small gage course four times on Fri. This was a treat! There were all new machines and a new challenging course.
David

Harold Lee Pickens 04-25-2016 01:24 PM

Yes, a good time on Thurs at Drakes. I had the pleasure of shooting with David and Buddy for most of the day. Fine gentlemen and good shots. David, my friend Mark wants to thank you for letting him shoot one of your Parkers. He was off his game all weekend, but he did shoot a 45 at Deep River with his Russian "Putin" gun as we call it and shot 41's with my 16 ga Fox SW and with my 28 ga Ugartechea. I shot at Drakes Thurs/Fri, and shot my !6 DHE and 20 VH at Deep River on Sat. I turned in my normal mediocre performance, but enjoyed myself the whole time.

Eric Eis 04-25-2016 02:34 PM

We shot Wed. afternoon, Thursday, and Friday and Saturday mornings. What fun, there were a lot of SxS guys, the owner Dan told me it was one of the first times that SxS guns out numbered all of the other guns that were on the course Thursday and Friday!:rotf: That's something you don't hear often at a club. We had good shooting weather as we only shot in the morning of Friday and Saturday, I really felt bad about the shooters shooting in that rain, but they did.....

Rich Anderson 04-26-2016 05:38 PM

It's amazing how this has grown not just by Parker shooters but the addition of Fox and Smith shooters as well as other SXS enthusiasts who have heard the word about Drake's. Good targets, great people it just doesn't get any better.

Even with all the shooting that was done there was still plenty of time to go to Deep River and pay homage (and cash) to the dealers. My 2 gun limit was once again fulfilled:rotf:

Mills Morrison 04-26-2016 05:52 PM

I thought your limit was usually exceeded

John Dallas 04-26-2016 06:55 PM

Just remember - Too many guns is still not enough

Eric Eis 04-27-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 194020)
I thought your limit was usually exceeded

Mills, that perfectly describes Anderson....:rotf::rotf:

Rich Anderson 04-27-2016 08:39 AM

I was good and achieved both of my goals......but a goal once achieved no longer motivates:whistle:

Mills Morrison 04-27-2016 09:34 AM

I was so busy with the challenge, I did not have a chance to get tempted by any guns. I did get a gun case from Ed Morgan for my DH 3 barrel set.