Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pineridge (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24863)

Bruce Day 08-02-2018 02:18 PM

Pineridge

1 Attachment(s)
Hanging out for a few days with my buddy Jerry Havel by Remer Minnesota working my bird dogs. They will be ready for prairie grouse in September and ruffed grouse in October.

Coming back for the Woodcock Minnesota sporting clays shoot Aug 18. Should be a fun time and I’ll exhibit a rack of Parker smallbores of all grades. Come on over .

Harold Lee Pickens 08-02-2018 02:49 PM

Hope you have some good weather for working those dogs. I've got 2 one year olds that are coming on strong and will get alot of hunt time this year. Two weeks in the UP and at least a week in Kansas, plus local hunt time. They are at my friends "bird dog camp" and I hope to get some pictures to post this weekend. Wish I was up in the "north" country.
Post a few pictures and make us all real jealous.

Brett Hoop 08-02-2018 05:47 PM

Wish I could be there. I just got back from a week of birddog camp in northern Wisconsin. October will be here before we know it and those days when I feel most alive.

Bruce Day 08-02-2018 06:45 PM

7 Attachment(s)
More pictures.

My dogs Bert and Fielder

We just put up a nice yellow tailed second year grouse 100 yards from the camp and on the road in

72 degrees at the Parker cabin

Drat. I can’t get enough electrons flowing to load photos. I’ll get them later.

Dean Romig 08-02-2018 06:50 PM

I envy you - the air here today has been like a tropical swamp.

Mills Morrison 08-03-2018 10:35 AM

We aren't just LIKE a tropical swamp down here. We ARE a tropical swamp. It is truly miserable

Would love to be up at Pine Ridge Grouse Camp. Hopefully, it will happen one day

Bruce Day 08-04-2018 10:09 AM

My dogs have been with Jerry the last two months while I was teaching shooting at Boy Scout camp. We run about 6000 youth and adult leaders through camp and are the largest session camp and second only to Philmont. So Jerry boarded, did a refresher on Bert and Fielder. I want my dogs to be steady to wing and shot. And not to bust birds at all. Bert the pointer is a better big runner for prairies but Fielder the setter is closer, methodical and cautious and may be the better ruffed grouse dog.

Jerry Havel at Pineridge Grouse Camp is a Parker guy and PGCA member. There are a bunch of u tube videos on the camp .

I often hunt with Jerry for a couple days and usually rent a cabin or house in the next county north and guide friends. Lots of places. Walleye dinners. The grouse count was down last year but this year the drumming count is high and it may the apex of the cycle for this year and next. I’m spending a month out to start on sharptails and Hungarian partridge in Montana and move east to Minnesota for sharptails, woodcock and ruffs.

Dean Romig 08-04-2018 10:32 AM

:envy:

Bill Mullins 08-04-2018 11:00 AM

Bruce.. sounds like a "tough life but I guess someone has
to do it"!! :)

Todd Poer 08-04-2018 11:07 AM

Wow!. Thanks for report Bruce. Good times. My brother in law is from Remer. Never thought I would hear Remer, Minnesota mentioned so prominently. Will have to go see those Pineridge videos.

BTW Bruce did you move. Your old location was Flyover Country now it is Edge of the Plains, or is that the same place?