Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Morphy’s Auction! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28423)

Bill Davis 10-23-2019 08:39 AM

Morphy’s Auction!

I followed most of the shotgun portion of this auction yesterday. It was Day 1 of their 2 day sale. The BHE 4 barrel—2 gun set hammered at 160K, well below predicted estimates. I thought the VHE 28 on an 00 frame at $7000 was a steal. Yes, I know it was all redone, but looked really great. My takeaway from yesterday was the fact that the majority of guns failed to reach low estimate. The prices for 12 bore Purdey’s appears to be in the basement. I will say that the buyers premium at this auction, I believe, hampers the pricing to some extent, especially if you can’t attend and use an online service. Interestingly, the Krieghoff target guns sold well, as did some of the more contemporary target guns. Just a few random observations................

CraigThompson 10-23-2019 11:53 AM

I just wonder if the 2 gun 4 barrel set actually sold or met the reserve to be more precise .

CraigThompson 10-23-2019 11:56 AM

I thought Murphy’s premium was bad at 20% without using CC , but I’ve looked at a couple other auctions from not as large action houses and seen two or three that are at 25% . Rock Island and Poulins both are still at 15% if you pay with cash/check . I think what little buying I do just might be kept with those two .

Bill Murphy 10-23-2019 06:24 PM

I watched Morphy's today and I think I may just donate my shotguns to a religious group. The market is definitely in the tank. Saw one I should have bought, but I held off even though it was a deal. They'll be cheaper next month. They may just let the Cliff Green gun out of the box for 160 large.

Joe Graziano 10-23-2019 11:04 PM

I followed both days but didn’t win this time. Prices were lower first day and I regret not pulling the trigger on one, enjoy the pun:) I’ll wait for the post holidays auction, prices lower.

CraigThompson 10-24-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Graziano (Post 283830)
I followed both days but didn’t win this time. Prices were lower first day and I regret not pulling the trigger on one, enjoy the pun:) I’ll wait for the post holidays auction, prices lower.

Post holidays and pre tax time LOL’s !

edgarspencer 10-24-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Davis (Post 283762)
I will say that the buyers premium at this auction, I believe, hampers the pricing to some extent, especially if you can’t attend and use an online service.

Ya think?

Mills Morrison 10-24-2019 06:44 PM

The price is bid plus buyers premium plus other fees. If you can't figure that out, auctions aren't for you

Ed Blake 10-24-2019 07:36 PM

I remember when the Cliff Greene guns were for sale for 250k about 10 years ago

edgarspencer 10-24-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 283869)
The price is bid plus buyers premium plus other fees. If you can't figure that out, auctions aren't for you

Subtract the “internet” fee, and the “CC” fee, and they are still a fair bit higher than most other houses.