Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   “Parker Days” (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24200)

Mike Franzen 05-08-2018 03:13 PM

“Parker Days”

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone who has gotten together with a group of Parker guys and gals for an informal shooting event knows how much fun it is. It’s the chance to see old friends, make new friends, show off the guns and maybe even buy and sell a little. (Click on this link to get an idea what I’m talking about http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23957)

I thought it would be a great idea during the dog days of summer to encourage these get togethers, have a shoot and submit photos and a brief article for Parker Pages. Dean, our esteemed editor, has approved the idea and at our Board of Directors meeting in Sanford it was met with approval as well.

So, if you would like to act as volunteer host/coordinator please PM me. Robin Lewis has agreed to help with identifying members within a 200 mile radius so Coordinators could call or email an invitation. Young shooters could be invited as well to encourage youth participation. You can also invite anyone, member or non-member as you like. Your shoot will be posted on the Events Calendar on the PGCA home page.

This will make a great inclusion in Parker Pages. Include your location, contact info and any questions you have, in your PM. Keep in mind this should be a fun, welcoming, non-competitive event. Best, Mike

John Davis 05-08-2018 03:38 PM

I’d like to put one of these gatherings together down here in Georgia. Thinking maybe Rick Hemingway’s place off I-75 between Macon and Forsyth. If anyone is interested PM me or text me at 229-938-6085 and will see what happens. John Davis

Mills Morrison 05-08-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Davis (Post 243308)
I’d like to put one of these gatherings together down here in Georgia. Thinking maybe Rick Hemingway’s place off I-75 between Macon and Forsyth. If anyone is interested PM me or text me at 229-938-6085 and will see what happens. John Davis

I am in, schedule permitting.

Reggie Bishop 05-08-2018 04:35 PM

I also might be able to make this depending on date.

Daryl Corona 05-08-2018 06:21 PM

Some of the members of the PGCA , LC Smith and Fox associations know that I belong to a private club in northern Baltimore county and they may have even shot there. It's called First Mine Run and we have a 13 station sporting clays range along with a decent 5 stand. We just had a SxS benefit shoot for Wounded Warriors this past Sat. with 38 shooters.

So here's an invitation to anyone in the DelMarVa, PA region that wants to burn some powder. It does'nt take much to get me to shoot targets so if anyone is interested I'd be happy to put together something.

Mills Morrison 05-08-2018 07:24 PM

We had a shoot/hunt at Drakes Landing back in February. We had PGCA members as well as folks from Fox and LC Smith. It is great fun

Mike Franzen 05-08-2018 07:49 PM

You know its going to be fun at either John or Daryl’s shoot. Let us know when you have a date set.

Daryl Corona 05-08-2018 08:22 PM

Anyone interested please feel free to chime in with suggestions on a date.

Randy G Roberts 05-08-2018 09:10 PM

Good idea Mike. You know that I am in. I have an idea in mind right now. I will be in touch.

Robbie Payne 05-08-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Davis (Post 243308)

Fantastic idea! I’d love make this location if my schedule permits.