Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Desert Gun Critique wanted (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27272)

Gary Cripps 05-08-2019 06:46 PM

Desert Gun Critique wanted

5 Attachment(s)
New to me and not for sale.

todd allen 05-08-2019 07:42 PM

That's a beauty. What is the desert connection?

Brian Dudley 05-08-2019 07:56 PM

The point checkering pattern on wrist and forend are atypical for the grade. And the forend pattern is atypical for any grade at that.
Do you have a letter on the gun? The dubray AA hammer gun is an example of a gun that was specifically ordered with a point pattern. For some reason.

John Davis 05-08-2019 08:45 PM

That's a great gun. Any idea of who BCD was? Definitely need a letter.

Gary Cripps 05-08-2019 10:02 PM

Dessert Gun

There is an S missing in the title--tried to edit but missed on both accounts.
A letter was ordered before the gun arrived last week--eager to see it as well.
BCD is Beverly Chew Duer who bought the gun through Abercrombie & Fitch of N.Y.
Questions I cannot' find answers to in TPS.
No Parker Bros. on the frame outside but marked on the flat. Is this normal for an AH?
Front trigger not hinged--book says standard after 1921.

This is a 1 1/2 frame, straight stock with 26 inch barrels. How many others in this configuration?

Dean Romig 05-08-2019 11:08 PM

Look for Remington codes on the barrel flats.

The forend width, being the same width along its entire length suggests a Remington replacement or possibly replaced by someone who didn't know the difference.

The grip checkering is not of the grade 6 pattern we would expect to see. It is more like that of a grade 3 checkering. And on the toe line where the checkering continues beyond the point of the trigger guard strap, the checkering pattern, quality and finish is not in keeping with that of Parker Bros. artisans.

The forend checkering pattern and extra flourishes are more like what we might expect to see on a grade 4 with a fully checkered forend.

A very interesting gun that, at first glance, appears as it is shown in the Serialization Book.

Kevin McCormack 05-09-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd allen (Post 273399)
That's a beauty. What is the desert connection?

Todd, does 'desert' mean land areas in the arid Southwest or a purchase after having strawberry shortcake or crepe Suzette(s) . Exactly what are you looking for here? A letter should solve many of these mysteries in authenticating some of these abberant characteristics atypical of "Parker standard" features.

Gary Cripps 05-09-2019 01:33 PM

Dessert Gun

The Dessert Gun follows the meat in the pot guns already in the cabinet.
Cream Puffs or Charm Tort with strawberrys my favorites.

Mark Britton 05-09-2019 09:27 PM

Wish it was in my dairy case ! I think its SWEET ! Thanks for shareing.

todd allen 05-09-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McCormack (Post 273436)
Todd, does 'desert' mean land areas in the arid Southwest or a purchase after having strawberry shortcake or crepe Suzette(s) . Exactly what are you looking for here? A letter should solve many of these mysteries in authenticating some of these abberant characteristics atypical of "Parker standard" features.

Desert, think quail. Dessert, think weight gain.