Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My Daughter's New Gun (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25332)

edgarspencer 09-28-2018 08:30 PM

My Daughter's New Gun

4 Attachment(s)
I recently saw an episode of Bayouwildtv.com, where my daughter was quail hunting with a high school pal, but I was somewhat distressed that she was seen, in public, shooting an autoloader. Sooooo, I had her fly home from New Orleans for a few days of fun. I gave her my two barrel set, 28ga. repro, and she thought it was "pretty" sigh......It was time to start giving the kids these guns anyway, or so I keep telling myself.
Well, George Purtill and I decided it was time for a refresher on proper upbringing, so we took her to Addieville for a day of clays.
I think I got Punked.
She was pretty darn good for (supposedly) her first time at clay shooting.
Despite teasing, she managed to clean a few stations. Makes a Dad proud !!

Oh, George, he shot OK too.

Eric Eis 09-28-2018 08:43 PM

You should be proud of her. Better be careful she may get hooked on SxS's and then you will have keep a close eye everytime she comes to visit.........

edgarspencer 09-28-2018 09:32 PM

It's funny you should say that, Eric. I remember when I was getting serious about the girl I eventually married. My dad told me something I'll never forget: If you want to know what your getting into, go with her when SHE is shopping to see how they behave in their kind of store. Not bad advise from a guy who didn't say a lot, or, at least that I heard.
So, before I go further with this, let me say, for those that have never been to Addieville East Farms; On the grounds, and adjacent to the parking lot, is Robin Hollow Outfitters. It has pretty much become the SOP, that you go and check out the Hadfield inventory after shooting.
So, not to break custom, we all went to look at guns after shooting. I guess it's nice that she does, in fact, follow in my footsteps, at least so far as our taste in guns goes, but I sure do hope her boyfriend knows what he's getting into.

Patrick Lien 09-28-2018 09:39 PM

I think you should change that name tag to just say "Lucky". That is how I would feel if I could get my daughter to go shoot with me. :bowdown:

PML

Brett Hoop 09-28-2018 10:15 PM

Well I knew that autounloader in her hands was going to give you night sweats. Good on you for taking action! Anybody would be proud of that young lady. Bit of a legacy, worthy of raising a dram or two.

Mills Morrison 09-29-2018 05:44 AM

Excellent!

A little old for my sons, unfortunately

chris dawe 09-29-2018 06:47 AM

Oh Fadder ,I just can't wait till i come back home next spring you and mom wont believe how big I got up north :whistle:

Dean Romig 09-29-2018 07:35 AM

A beautiful day for it - wish I could have joined y’all.

I do envy you Edgar - I have two daughters but neither is interested enough in shooting to want to join me. Maybe someday....

But they shine in other ways. Four wonderful grandchildren is one way.

Reggie Bishop 09-29-2018 07:57 AM

She must get her good lucks from her mother! :shock:

edgarspencer 09-29-2018 08:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop (Post 254918)
She must get her good lucks from her mother! :shock:

You're absolutely correct Reggie. However, she got her brains and love of the sports from me.
She got her master's in Applied Meteorology, and worked in front of computers and TV camera for 10 years, in Panama City, Dothan AL, Myrtle Beach, and New Orleans. Last year she chucked it for an office with a view. She got her 100 ton Captains license, and works on charter fishing boats.
Below are before and after pics.