Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Top 3 reasons not to hunt Kansas (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28759)

Harold Lee Pickens 12-06-2019 09:09 PM

Top 3 reasons not to hunt Kansas

3. You cant get lost out here, and what fun is that. You can see forever, and the roads all run in straight lines. Walk a mile in any direction and you will hit a section line road. Not like driving winding 2 tracks in the great north woods, where you may drive 5miles down a 2track at 10 miles/hr, only to find the road just stops with no place to turn around. And walk 50 yds from your truck and be totally turned around.

2. There are no multiflora rose, cat briars, or green briars tearing at you and hemorrhaging blood from you and the dogs. Sure there are those nasty plum thickets, but you can just walk the edge of them--but, unfortunately quail seem to drop right in the middle of them when you shoot.

1.And finally, there are no trees to lean your gun against--I mean a guy could pee his pants, looking for a place to lean his gun. You know that if you lay it on the ground , the dog will come in and stand on your beautiful stock.

David Gehman 12-06-2019 09:23 PM

And no trees in the way when you shoot!
I hate that, it takes away a good excuse for missing.

Phillip Carr 12-06-2019 10:38 PM

Good news is if your dog runs away from home you can still see him for two days.��

Rich Anderson 12-07-2019 10:32 AM

That doesn't sound like any fun at all Harold. For the life of me I can't understand why you would put yourself through such a thing as hunting there:duck:

Phil Yearout 12-07-2019 11:21 AM

Harold is right. We did have a tree, but it blew down.

Garry L Gordon 12-07-2019 06:07 PM

We have plenty of multiflora rose in Missouri and we'd be happy to export some. :bigbye:

Bruce Day 12-08-2019 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Too many trees spoil the view.

Harold Lee Pickens 12-08-2019 03:42 PM

I always carry a folding chair in the truck. if the weather is nice at the end of the day I like to just sit there and watch the sunset. I got in well after dark one night and my friend asked me where I had been that I was out that long. I told him that I was listening to the Hill city choir. The Hill city choir what's that he asked? I told him the Hill city choir was a combination of all the cattle mooing and the coyotes howling

Garry L Gordon 12-08-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens (Post 287275)
I always carry a folding chair in the truck. if the weather is nice at the end of the day I like to just sit there and watch the sunset. I got in well after dark one night and my friend asked me where I had been that I was out that long. I told him that I was listening to the Hill city choir. The Hill city choir what's that he asked? I told him the Hill city choir was a combination of all the cattle mooing and the coyotes howling

The prairie just lulls you into contentedness, doesn't?

Keith Doty 12-08-2019 09:05 PM

I grew up in the Flint Hills in Butler and Greenwood counties. The prairie has it's own magic.