Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Reproduction Prices (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20683)

Matt Buckley 01-26-2017 07:31 PM

Reproduction Prices

I'm wondering if I'm the only one that thinks the asking prices of some of the Reproductions are very high compared to what they are actually selling for. I noticed on Guns International a 2 barrel 28 gauge set, PG ST, that a Cabelas store is asking $9499.99 and it is not a new, unfired set. I know of a 28 gauge with 28" barrels in almost unfired shape that sold on Gun Broker this fall for $3900. A lot of the 20 gauges are being priced at $4000 + and those seem to be overpriced for the current market also.

Gary Laudermilch 01-26-2017 08:31 PM

I was very tempted to send Cabelas an e-mail telling them they are nuts. The various store managers appear to not have any coordination on prices.

Greg Baehman 01-26-2017 09:17 PM

I drove right past Cabela's Richfield this afternoon and was tempted to stop in and congratulate them on their pricing of this Repro, but IMHO it wasn't priced quite high enough to warrant the stop. Parker Reproductions ought to be priced commensurate to their quality and today's prices do not reflect that quality. :)

Dean Romig 01-26-2017 10:01 PM

Retail gun stores selling used guns generally start at a price that can be negotiated on. The actual price the gun finally sells at gives the buyer the good feeling that he was successful in his negotiating skills and the seller makes the sale at an acceptable price.

Sam Ogle 01-27-2017 07:55 AM

As an ex-Cabela's gun library employee; I can tell you that some of the stores have fellows who really know their Parkers, and some stores that have no idea what they are.
There are some Library managers who price them "over the moon," and then the next shop will price them at real bargain prices. You just have to shop around.

Donovan Kirkpatrick 01-27-2017 10:47 AM

I think the market for SxS is shrinking. I sold a Merkle 47E, NIB for 2200 and a Browning Sidelock , NIB for about 2700. That's what they brought on Gunbroker. Took a big hit on the Browning. I have a few Reproductions, NIB, but have no intention of selling them in the current market. Guess everyone wants a Benelli.

Dean Romig 01-27-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donovan Kirkpatrick (Post 210461)
I have no intention of selling them in the current market.

A very good decision.

George M. Purtill 01-27-2017 11:40 AM

I think the prices being asked on GB are sometimes so high its just stupid, and that's why they are continually re-listed.
I think this forum has the fairest prices on Repros and I am kicking myself in the a__ for losing internet for 2 days and missing Josh's price drop on that Repro 20. Even though I had just bought a 20 I would have bought another.
In general though, Repros are a very good value and you will be sorry you did not get one.

Rex Northen 01-27-2017 07:00 PM

The 28 gauge don't have a ton of market competition, but the 20 and 12 gauge versions do and it seems to cap their price points at a much lower strata.

Double triggers seem to be worth close to $1k and longer barrels likewise, of course, wood can make all the difference, too. If you find a gun with all the "right" options buy it now... There aren't that many. I have kicked myself over a few that I didn't buy a few years ago thinking there would be another...

Kirk Potter 01-27-2017 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lately I've been seeing more and more reproductions priced right around $4k that are still NIB.. To me that's a steal considering all that you're getting. I'd like to pick up a NIB 12 gauge PG/SPL IC/MOD ithis year and possibly a 20 as well. I first became aware of these guns and really, really wanting one when I was still in high school, and the prices actually seem to be cheaper now.

I'm on an email list of an FFL I've had do some transfers for me before and this was sent out today: