Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2017 16 ga Parker vs LC Smith Challenge (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20897)

John Truitt 02-21-2017 11:51 PM

2017 16 ga Parker vs LC Smith Challenge

Back by popular demand we are having the 16 gauge challenge again.

Where: Deep River Sporting Clays, at the Dove Field Five stand set by Rick Hemingway.

When: Thursday April 27th, starting around 10am, plan for team shoot off at 5pm.

What is this: Five stand challenge event for Parker and LC Smith 16 gauge hammer and hammerless guns.
Shoot as many times as you like. Your highest score will be the one that counts. We will take the five top Parker scores and five top LC Smith scores. Those two teams will then go into a shoot off Thursday at 5pm. Team with highest score wins.

Rules: same as challenge event except this event is open to Parker
reproduction guns and late model marlin LC Smiths.

Event will consist of 25 or 30 five stand targets (per Rick Hemingway).
Both for qualifying and shoot off.

No registration fee. Just pay Rick or his staff the cost of a five stand. (in the past it has been $15 per round) Let them know you are shooting qualifying for this event and which team you are shooting for. Score sheets will be there with the trapper.

Awards/trophies will be given to the top six scores (individuals) (combined score from qualifying and final shoot off round). The winning team will be awarded a perpetual trophy which will be engraved with the winning team for that year (Parker :) or Smith)
Awards to be given out Saturday during the Parker Smith Challenge awards.

Again this is for fun and fun competition and camaraderie. This is not sanctioned by either organization. I am hoping that by starting at 10am and cutting off qualifying at 4pm and having the shoot off at 5pm will allow folks enough time to shoot other venues and still be able to participate in this event. Please come out and shoot with us or just come out and enjoy the shoot off.

PS: max shot size #7.5s and max load 1oz

Mike Koneski 03-07-2017 03:07 PM

Since Larry sold that sweet 16 Parker, I need one to borrow. Any available guns there I can possibly use???????? This is the year Team Parker is back on top!!

Eric Eis 03-07-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 213666)
Since Larry sold that sweet 16 Parker, I need one to borrow. Any available guns there I can possibly use???????? This is the year Team Parker is back on top!!

I won't be there this year (:crying:) ) but Rich A. (COB) will be there and I am pretty sure you could borrow one of his, he will be mainly shooting at Drakes but coming back to see all the Parker people and the vendors. And if he won't lend you one I'll send one down with him that you can use............Eric

Rich Anderson 03-07-2017 06:07 PM

Mike heres an idea, your at the Southern the biggest double gun show in the country with lots of guns for sale just buy one.:rotf: seriously I'll have a couple you can use. What are you looking for choke wise?

John Truitt 03-07-2017 06:56 PM

Mike,

We got ya covered. There will be some there to borrow. You should find at least one that you will want to use.

I am hoping Mr Anderson can make it. I hope any one wanting to make it can come over and join us for at least a little while

All my best,

John

Daryl Corona 03-07-2017 07:02 PM

Mike, I'll be bringing a couple of Parker 16's to the Southern. Between Rich and I we should have you covered.

Rich Anderson 03-07-2017 07:44 PM

I have a 32inch straight grip hammer gun you could use, someday I might need to borrow a Fox:whistle:

Mike Koneski 03-09-2017 10:22 AM

You got it COB!!!

Mike Koneski 03-09-2017 10:23 AM

John, my plan is to shoot more at the Challenge and less on the course. Not much less, but enough to get dialed in on the Dove Field.

Rich Anderson 03-10-2017 11:57 AM

Mike you'll have to meet me at either Drakes Landing or at the hotel to get the 16ga just to be sure you have it in time.