Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Parker 20 ga. progress (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33198)

Jeffrey Hayes 05-03-2021 07:13 PM

Parker 20 ga. progress

I recently joined the association, see new member postings, and was asking for help with the 20 ga. that I have with broken stock. With the help of fellow member William Giaconia I was able to find a good used stock and fore hand that came from another Parker 20 ga. I am still missing some safety parts, so I have been told, when the stock was broken. I am very new at all of this and don't even know what I am looking for. Serial # 220865, pictures are in my
new member posting, if anyone can help me identify these parts I would really appreciate it.
When I joined I was just looking for help with my Dad's old shotgun. In the short time that I have been a member I am now learning what the organization and the Parker history is all about. It is way more involved than I ever knew before. My learning process has just begun!

Jeff Hayes

Jim DiSpagno 05-03-2021 07:46 PM

Jeff, my suggestion would be to send the entire gun to Dave Fjeleene in Lincoln Ca to straighten it out.

Randy G Roberts 05-03-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hayes (Post 333491)
I I am still missing some safety parts, so I have been told, when the stock was broken. I am very new at all of this and don't even know what I am looking for. Serial # 220865, pictures are in my
new member posting, if anyone can help me identify these parts I would really appreciate it.

Jeff Hayes

Jeff:

Go to the homepage and then to the tree on the left where you will find a link to technical data. When you open that link you will be staring at a parts illustration that may help you somewhat. Good luck.

Best, Randy

Mike Franzen 05-04-2021 03:30 PM

Jim DiSpagno suggested the best option for you.

Dean Romig 05-04-2021 08:41 PM

It's spelled Fjelline.

Jeffrey Hayes 05-05-2021 07:52 AM

Thank you for your advice but I would like to try and fix it here. I will learn more about it that way.

Jeff

Jeffrey Hayes 05-05-2021 07:57 AM

Thanks very much for the help. I took a quick look at that section and it might just be what I was looking for.

Jeff

Brian Dudley 05-05-2021 08:35 AM

You are looking for the safety jacket assembly. It fits tightly into the stock between the top and bottom tangs.

Jeffrey Hayes 05-05-2021 08:59 PM

Thank you very much for your help!

Jeff

Jeffrey Hayes 05-31-2021 12:14 PM

More progress! With the help of another PGCA member, Ed Morgan, I now have a safety jacket assy. for the Parker 20 ga. A little cleaning of the mounting area in the stock and I hope to have it back together soon. Thanks again for the help.