Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website & Forum - Help & Assistance (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   kicked out (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39976)

Jim Bennett 09-08-2023 08:45 PM

kicked out

Second time I'm kicked out after attempting to post new thread in discussions.
What the hell?
Logged in, then write up post,. but after submitting thread is gone .

Dean Romig 09-08-2023 10:43 PM

Shoot a PM to John Dunkle

John Dunkle 09-09-2023 08:16 AM

My guess is that something is timing out on your end? It could be on whatever you are using for a computer/tablet/connection, or your browser settings, or your connection, or your ISP, or....???

As well, I checked your account and the logs on the servers - and there are no anomalies in either?

Sorry I can't be more helpful - but you didn't post a whole lot of information?

John D.

Russell E. Cleary 09-09-2023 11:08 AM

Jim:

I have been learning the hard way, that is, I keep forgetting and making the same mistake, that I should write what I want to post first in a separate document on my computer, and then copy it, paste it onto the PGCA Forum, and then post it.

Otherwise, as I linger over what I want to say, I get "timed out".

Not sure if this addresses your problem.

Bob Brown 09-10-2023 04:08 AM

If you're writing a long post it's a good idea is to copy your words before hitting the post button. Then if you don't see your post because you've timed out just open the new post or thread box again and paste your message. No need to write it in a separate document unless you want to keep a separate copy. Once you get used to doing that on each post you'll never have to start over.

Jim Bennett 05-02-2024 09:48 PM

I'm having the same problem now. Timed out could be a thing if I took too long but one time it was only less than a minute!!

Jim Bennett 05-02-2024 10:39 PM

It just happened again. I was actively searching, while logged in, and moving from one thread to another and then to for sale....."you can't view unless you are logged in" which I was! Kicked me out.

Arthur Shaffer 05-07-2024 09:07 AM

I don't know how much you control the actual software, but most software that has a timeout control (such as is used on most financial sites) has a pop-u that alerts you to an impending timeout and provides a checkbox to choose to stay online. Pretty simple and would eliminate this "feature" I too keep forgetting and lose a lot of data at times. Typing and copying works but adds a lot of unneeded steps to the process and more junk files on your computer.

I may be mistaken but the timeout seems to be only on the posting routine. If left unattended the website seems to stay up for quite a while.